Followers

Tuesday 23 July 2019

First Impression of Disney x Cute Press Collection

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be sharing my first impression and review on the newly launched Disney x Cute Press makeup collection that is exclusively available in Watsons. So if you're curious to find out more, keep on reading!


Before I get started, Cute Press is actually a Thai makeup brand and they often come out with Disney collaborations that look so aesthetically cute. I must say that I am quite impressed with Thai makeup brands these days like 4U2 which I absolutely love their blushes, so I am actually quite excited to try this new collection out.

So for this collection, they came out with a cushion foundation (2 shades available), a cheek palette, an eyeshadow palette, lip crayons (3 shades) and cheek and lip tint (5 shades). I got myself a cushion foundation, the cheek palette, eyeshadow palette and 2 lip crayons and now I'll show you how they look like and fare.

Cute Press Let The Adventure Begin Oil Control Cushion Foundation
First up is the cushion foundation I got in shade 01 which is also the lightest shade. The cushion foundation claims to be suitable for oily skin type as it will leave your skin looking matte for 12 hours. It also claims to have medium coverage with a silky smooth and easy to blend texture that feels weightless all day long. It also helps protect your skin from UV Ray with SPF 50+ PA+++ and leaves your skin sweat and water resistant. I have oily skin and usually cushion foundations don't work for me as they can be too dewy for me. So naturally, I was very keen to try this oil control cushion foundation. I must say the colour range is pretty bad since they only have 2 shades available.

This is shade 01
The foundation definitely has a watery consistency and it is really easy to blend.

It also comes with this cute blush pink cushion sponge 
After applying the foundation to the right side of my face
I must say the coverage is not too bad as my dark circle was pretty much covered after applying a layer. But, it is super tacky! There was a few occasions that my hair got stuck to the face and I had to immediately set it with powder. Also, I felt that this foundation is leaning towards a dewy finishing instead of the matte finishing that it claims to have which made me very concerned how the foundation will look on me later in the day. This cushion foundation is retailing at $25.90 which is quite the normal pricing for a cushion foundation.

Next up we have the Cheek Palette that consists of 3 very wearable shades. They are said to have a matte and glowy finishing.

It has the same metal packaging like the cushion foundation and they are both in Blush Pink colour which in my opinion very girly and adorable. 100 points for the packaging =)



The blushes are really very pigmented just as it claims and they are very smooth and easy to apply.

I'm using shade Riki-Tiki-Tinky! here and it is a very everyday mauve pink colour
This cheek palette is retailing at $22.90 and I thought it's quite reasonable since you can get 3 nice shades and the size of the pan is more than enough to last you a whole lifetime.

For the eye makeup, I got the Let The Adventure Begin eye palette which consists of 6 earth tone shades of which 2 are matte and the rest are shimmer shades.


These colours are very suitable for everyday use in my opinion and they are quite pigmented. The two matte shades Pitter Patter and Wind Blowing are exceptionally smooth and they glide effortlessly on the lids. As for the shimmer shades, I felt that they are of a different formula. They are not as well pressed as the matte shades and I experienced some fall outs as well with them.

See how messy the shimmer shades became after one use,especially Drip Drop

The palette also came with a double head sponge applicator but I felt that a sponge applicator is usually not enough because you are not able to blend your eyeshadow well with a sponge.


So to create this simple, everyday eye look, I first used the shade Pitter Patter and applied it all over my lid, acting as the base for my eye makeup. Next I went in for the only pink shade in the palette and applied it to the outer corner of my lid, slowly blending it towards the centre and the crease. Then I used the most shimmery shade Drip Drop and I focused it on the centre of my lid, dragging it towards the inner corner. Lastly, I used the dark brown shade Wind Blowing as an eyeliner for this look, applying it close to my lash line. And my everyday eye look is completed. This eye palette is retailing at $22.90.

The last two items I got were the lip crayons and there are a total of three shades of which I got the Red and Pink shade since I wasn't a fan of their Coral shade when I did a swatch in the store.

Look who's eyeing my lip crayons

I seriously think that they ace the packaging for the lip crayons as well. Totally in love with the metallic blush pink packaging.


For the lip crayon shades, I was quite surprised they didn't put in more effort to name the shades like what they did for their cheek and eye palette. Anyway, I feel that these two shades can match well with a lot of makeup looks. These lip crayons contains of Jojoba Oil and Camellia Oil which helps nourishes our lips. It also claims to be very hydrating and delivers vivid and long lasting colour.

Using Pink here
If you don't already know by now, I have very very dry and eczema prone lips so I am usually very picky when it comes to lip products. AND I didn't like these lip crayons. I felt it wasn't what it claims to be, it's not hydrating on my lips at all and I felt that my lips were quite dry throughout the day, making them very uncomfortable. When I swatched on my hand, the colour stayed on even after I cleaned it with makeup remover and showered but when I actually applied it to my lips, it disappeared after awhile. These lip crayons are retailing at $16.90 which I think are not worth purchasing.

Foundation around my nose was all cakey and the glitter from the eyeshadow was all around my face. 


So after a good ten hours, the cushion foundation was mostly gone around my lip area as well as the nose area. Otherwise, the other parts still looked alright, no shine or cakeyness. The blush was really long lasting as you can clearly see from the pictures above. But the eyeshadow was bad. The glitter from the shimmer shades were all over my face making my under eyes really shinny. And of course, my lip colour was gone like I mentioned earlier on.

If there is only one item you can purchase from this collection, I highly recommend the cheek palette as I think that it is really long lasting and the texture is so smooth that it will go well with any foundations. For $16.90, I think the CP value is really high.

And that's all I have for this Disney x Cute Press first impression and mini review, I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment