Followers

Thursday 11 July 2019

Comparing Drugstore Makeup Remover Wipes

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

I had recently tried a few drugstore makeup remover wipes and so in today's post, I'll be doing a comparison for these wipes and if you're curious to see which one I prefer the most, then keep on scrolling!

1) Senka All Clear Sheet 






The first wipe on the list was this Senka All Clear Sheet and this was the wipe that inspired me to do this post. I am a very big fan of the Senka Perfect Whip Facial Wash so when I saw this wipe in Guardian, I really wanted to try it out. This makeup remover wipe is made of 100% pure cotton which is makes it so comfortable on the skin. It is advertised to be able to thoroughly remove heavy makeup, including waterproof mascara. It is infused with moisturising and skin-conditioning ingredients such as Senka's signature natural silk cocoon essence, double hyaluronic acid and xylitol which helps to moisturise skin and reduce skin dullness. It is specially formulated to remove blackheads and dead skin cells so you can actually care for your skin while removing makeup. I really enjoyed using this wipe because it was so soft and gentle on the face and it smell really good as well. Only thing is, the size of the wipe is so small that one wipe is only sufficient to clean half of your face. So in order to clean the whole face, you would need at least 3 wipes. It comes in a pack of 44 sheets and is retailing at $13.90 in Singapore. If you would like to test it out first before committing to this wipe, there is also a 10 sheets pack that is retailing at $3.50. 

2) Nivea Micellair Skin Breathe Cleansing Wipes





Even after a third wipe, my face was still not thoroughly cleansed
The second remover wipe that I am going to talk about is the Nivea Micellair Skin Breathe Cleansing Wipes with micellar water and vitamin e which can help to maintain the moisture balance of the skin. It is said to be able to remove waterproof makeup gently, while protecting the eyelashes and moisturise the skin while cleansing. But, I didn't like it. The cleansing power was very bad that I had to use 3 sheets to clean my face and the size of the wipe is pretty big. One important thing to note is that this wipe is not alcohol-free even though you can't really smell the alcohol. The texture was also not that smooth so I felt like I was torturing my face when I was using this wipe. This Nivea wipe is retailing at $10.90 for 25 sheets and I think this can only last a week judging from its cleansing strength. So this is definitely a big NO for me!. 

3) Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes




Next is something that I had repurchased many times because I enjoy using it to clean my makeup and that is the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. These facial wipes are packed with triple purified water, gentle cleansers and multi-vitamins to lift impurities and effectively remove even waterproof mascara. It is dermatologist tested and is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. My skin felt really refreshed after using the wipes but the only thing that I did not quite like is that the wipe is quite rough to the touch, so it's better to wipe it gently and not with too much strength. Otherwise, I think this is a good wipe for daily use and the retail price for this facial wipe is at $13.90 for 25 sheets. 

4) Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Makeup Remove Cleansing WIpes




The name of the next wipe is super long so I am not gonna type it out again haha so please refer to the name above or the photo instead. I have mixed feeling about this wipe, not sure if I like it but I don't hate it as well. The wipe is really quite soft and it is pre-moistened to effectively and gently sweep away makeup, dirt and oil for clear fresh skin. It also contains oil dissolvers to go deep down to remove pore-clogging impurities. It is also able to leave skin thoroughly cleansed with no heavy residue and you can skip the rinsing part if you want to, which is amazing. This wipe is also oil-free, dermatologist tested and allergy tested. So if this wipe is so good, why do I have mixed feelings about it? Because unlike the Nivea wipe which also contains alcohol but you don't actually feel it when you're using it, but for this Neutrogena one, you can totally smell the alcohol right at your face. In fact, I think it smells a lot like hand sanitiser which I was not 100% comfortable about it. I feel like if you have very sensitive eyes, then this wipe may make you tear a little. But so far for me, it was okay and my face was  thoroughly cleansed after just 1 sheet. Anyway, this Neutrogena wipe is retailing at $13.90 for 25 sheets which I think is the normal price for a makeup remover wipe. 

5) Bifesta Cleansing Sheet Moist





The last one that I am gonna share is my all-time favourite makeup remover wipes and that is the Bifesta Cleansing Sheet Moist (the pink one). This cleansing wipe contains absorptive amino acids that freshly moisturised skin from dryness and cleansing water with skin lotion derived ingredients which makes this wipe both a makeup remover and a skin care product at the same time. You are also able to skip the rinsing step by using this wipe, just like the Neutrogena one. What I love about this wipe is that the size of the sheet is just right and I only need 2 sheets to remove a full face makeup. It is also very gentle on the skin and it smells very comfortable as well. And I totally love its packaging because unlike the other wipes that come with a resealable sticker that may easily lose its stickiness and in turn causing the wipe to lose its moist, this Bifesta wipe comes with a plastic cover that closes tightly thus retaining the moist of the wipes. The Senka wipe has the same packaging as well which I also like! This is why sometimes I prefer Japan skincare products to the others #justsaying. So anyway, the Bifesta Wipe is retailing at $14.50 for a total of 46 sheets which i think is consider cheap if you compare with the other wipes that only contains 25 sheets. This Bifesta is definitely my favourite of the lot and I will always repurchase it whenever I run out of it. If you are travelling to Japan, please make sure you stock this up because it is so much cheaper there than in Singapore! 



So that's all I have for this post. I hope you have enjoyed reading it and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo. 
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment