Followers

Tuesday 2 July 2019

June's Favourites

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

Can't believe it's already July, time really pass so fast when you're busy. So today, I'll be sharing some of the products/items that I've been using and loving for the entire month of June. If you're curious to see what I am gonna recommend, then keep on scrolling!

1) Nature's Gate Shampoo for Dry Hair/Sensitive Scalp with Aloe Vera and Macadamia Oil



Got this shampoo two months ago when my husband and I were actively looking for pregnancy-friendly shampoo, i.e. shampoo that does not consist of sodium lauryl sulfate. It is said that sodium lauryl sulfate has been proven to cause birth defects but do note that Sodium Laureth Sulfate (very similar) is safe for use. When my husband saw this selling at Ntuc, he was so excited because this particular shampoo at the organic section of the supermarket does not consist of sodium lauryl sulfate. I got the one for dry hair and sensitive scalp because I have super duper dry hair and scalp. One major difference I noticed after using this shampoo is that my scalp is no longer dry. I used to have dry flakes on my scalp because it was so dry but ever since I started using this shampoo, the condition of my scalp improved dramatically and I don't see anymore flakes on my scalp which is incredible because I had tried so many different shampoos, even the expensive ones like Futerer but this Nature's Gate one works best for me.  I got this from Ntuc's organic section at $16.50 (if my memory didn't fail me) for 532ml. So for my fellow pregnant ladies out there, if you are looking for a pregnancy friendly shampoo, I highly recommend this. And even if you are not pregnant, I feel that this is a really good shampoo with all the natural ingredients.

2) Saborino Dry Shampoo

Next favourite is also another hair related product and it is this Saborino Dry Shampoo. I usually wash my hair every 2 to 3 days, depending on my hair condition and in between washes, if I'm heading out, I'll usually go for dry shampoo to give my hair that extra volume otherwise my hair will look super flat and shapeless. Saborino is a popular Japanese skin care brand and they are most well-known for their morning sheet masks which is also part and parcel of my daily morning routine. So when I saw that they came out with this dry shampoo, I was so excited to try it out. Unfortunately, I don't think this is available in Singapore yet and I got mine from Japan when I was there in April this year. However if you are familiar with the Airfrov app, I believe you can get someone to help you buy from Japan and mail it to you at your convenience and that will be about $22.


I love the packaging of the bottle as it gives me that refreshing look. It also smells very citrusy and refreshing and when I spray it on my scalp, it gives me that cooling effect that I love. On top of that, it does not leave any white residue on my hair, which is amazing. All in all, I think this is a really good dry shampoo and I really hope that Saborino can bring this into Singapore real soon. Otherwise if you are keen to get your hands on this, do check out Airfrov.

3) La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat



Third favourite of the month is a moisturiser from La Roche-Posay that I have been using religiously on a daily basis for the entire month. The Effaclar Mat Sebo-Regulating Moisturiser is suitable for oily and sensitive skin and it is said to be formulated with Sebulyse which helps to mattify skin and tighten pores. It also consists of Salicylic acid, a well know anti-acne ingredient. I love to use this in my morning skin care routine as it helps my face to stay matte whole day, even when I am using the most dewy foundation ever. My pores are also visibly smaller and less obvious after applying this. It is retailing at all Guardian outlets at $31.10 for 40ml. A little goes a long way for this product so rest assured that this 40ml can last you at least 3 months in my opinion.

4) Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Blemish Gel


So back in June, I was suffering from some horrible break outs after trying some makeup products and the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion which I swore by was not able to help clear the pimples completely and that got me very desperate. With that desperation in mind, I took a trip to Guardian and found this Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Blemish Gel that is made of 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil, a natural anti bacterial ingredient that helps control acne. The price was pocket friendly, retailing at $11.60 for quite a decent tube of product and so I decided to give it a try. That night, I applied it on the biggest pimple on my face that refused to shrink in size even after applying the Drying Lotion and guess what, when I woke up the next day, the pimple not only shrunk in size, it also appeared less red! I was immediately amazed by the product and used it religiously on my other small pimples and the pimples vanished the very next day.


It has a gelish, watery texture to it and makes it so easily absorbed by the skin which I like. But do note that it does have a weird smell but since it is so effective, I can make myself look past that smell. If you have tried many acne products but none seem to work for you, I highly recommend that you give this Blemish gel a try.

5) Sephora Lip Balm in Watermelon and Coconut



The watermelon one is slightly tinted
I have very dry and eczema-prone lips, which is why you seldom see me applying lipstick but I do love to test out new lip balms and in June, I finally tried the Sephora's lip balm and I love it! The two flavours that I had gotten out of the five flavours are the Watermelon one and Coconut one. They have different benefits for your lips and the watermelon one is said to moisturise whereas the coconut one soothes. They are both so nourishing to the lips, yet not too greasy and I feel that my lips look better and less dry after applying. They also stayed on my lips for quite a decent amount of time as compared to some of my other drugstore lip balms. Definitely very excited to try out the other flavours as well! They are retailing at $9 in Sephora. So go grab yours now if you haven't already tried them out!

6) 4U2 Love Me More Blusher in M2 I Miss You



Loving this dusty pink shade 


Many of you may be very unfamiliar of this Thai Makeup Brand 4U2 as they are not so well-known in Singapore yet. In fact, they have recently just arrived in Singapore with their lipsticks collection and they are only available in Guardian at Serangoon Nex. The final beauty product that I had been loving and reaching out to the whole of June was this 4U2 Love Me More Blusher in the shade I Miss You. I bought this when I was having a vacation in Bangkok, Thailand back in May this year and I have been loving this blush ever since then. Thank you Hello Catie (a youtuber) for recommending this. The colour payoff for this blusher is amazing and it literally last the entire day without any touch up in between. It has a faint baby powder smell to it which I love as it brings back childhood memory. It also has a very soft, velvety and smooth texture to it which is so comfortable on the skin. And it also comes with a mirror which makes it so travel-friendly because the size of the blusher is also small and compact making it hassle free to bring around. I sincerely hope 4U2 Singapore can bring in more products for fellow Singaporeans out there. They are such an affordable drugstore brand and I really cannot wait to try out more of their products!

And so that's my June's favourites for you guys. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and I will see you in my next one, xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment