Followers

Wednesday 24 July 2019

Mini Miniso Haul & What's Worth Buying

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

I had recently done a mini shopping haul at Miniso and I thought I should share with you guys what I've bought and whether I think they are worth buying or not so if you're curious to see my purchases, keep on reading!

1) Galaxy Series Limited Edition Scent Diffuser



This was the very item that lured me into the Miniso store because it looked so prettaye. Totally in love with the baby pink packaging topped with gold flecks and cap and it instantly beautifies any space. I had previously bought another diffuser from Miniso as well for my office and I remembered all my colleagues loved the scent and it actually lasted quite long. In fact it lasted longer than the Hysses scent diffuser that my other colleague bought and my diffuser only cost me $9.90 lol. So this Galaxy Series scent diffuser is also retailing at $9.90 and it has a very nice masculine scent to it which my husband really likes so it ended up in the study room instead πŸ˜‚
For just $9.90, I think this is definitely a good buy and it's really pretty.

2) Sunshine Water Based Peel Off Nail Polish

Got them in shade Orange Red (right) and Light Brown (left) 
The applicator is quite small and narrow so it's harder to apply especially since my nails are really short and small.

Pardon for the lousy work done here


I actually really like the Light Brown polish in terms of its shade as well as formula. The two polishes definitely has got different formula in my opinion. The Light Brown one is creamier and thicker as compared to the Orange Red which is very watery hence making it even harder to apply on the nails.



And since it's a peel off polish, I had to test it out (with the colour I didn't quite like 😏). It did peel off quite easily and in one piece so I guess these polishes are not too bad and they are retailing at $3.90 for 2 colours so if you do your math, it's about $1.95 per bottle. Pretty affordable right.

3) Dry Hair Glove


This is how it looks like when worn
Okay guys, this is probably the worst purchase in this haul. When I saw it in the store, I thought it's kinda cool and since it's pink in colour, I just thought maybe I could try it out. Although it's only retailing at $3.90, and I sort of knew it wasn't gonna be fantastic but still I was somewhat disappointed with it. So I tested it once after shampooing my hair and guess what, I took 15 minutes longer than usual to dry my hair. And my hair was still wet after trying to wipe it with the gloves for a good 15 minutes. So I went back to the packaging to read the instructions coz I was thinking maybe I wasn't using it the right way. Guess what, instructions told me to use with a hair dryer for best result. πŸ˜‘ Honestly, I could have just gone straight to the hair dryer if that's the case right? Miniso, you gotta be kidding. This is totally just a gimmick so folks, please do not ever purchase it. You can get a cup of bubble tea for $3.90 instead.

4) Multi Purpose Cotton Pads


If you have read my first few blog posts, then you should probably know that my all time favourite cotton pad is the Daiso ones and they are only $2 for a total of 200 pads. But when I saw this at Miniso, I thought they looked really comfortable and it was in a resealable package so it can save me the hassle to find a box to put the pads in like I did for the Daiso ones.


And honestly, I think I finally found a replacement for the Daiso cotton pads. This Miniso cotton pads are thicker and softer than the Daiso ones. They are made of 100% cotton which is why they are so comfortable and soft. I love to use them with my toner and I can rub them on my face without feeling any discomfort. The Daiso ones on the other hand is much rougher than this Miniso one. I will definitely repurchase it once I run out of it. This packet of Miniso cotton pads is retailing at $4.90.

5) Body & Breast Beauty Collateral Brush


Okay the fifth item was something I bought thinking I might probably need after giving birth to induce my milk supply for breast feeding. I am sure it doesn't work that way because when I was reading the introduction at the back of the packaging, this brush uses the acupoints and collaterals to make your breasts reappear its former beauty. By pressing dorsal acupoints, blood flows to your breast, together with various nutrients so that the breast is enlarged after absorbing the nutrients. Sounds very much like a gimmick too but I can only test it out after giving birth. Rest assured that I'll definitely update the reviews on my ig story in the near future haha.

6) Dot Pattern Paper Board Mirror


Next is another item that I purchased because of its packaging. When I saw this mirror on display, I thought it will look so good in my flat lay pictures. I can picture myself using it as a background for lipsticks or eyeshadow palettes swatches. Also, I like how compact it is because it is literally a cupboard when you unfold it.



Once you fold it up, it is a big ass mirror with a very stable base. This mirror is retailing at $3.90 and I think it is totally worth every penny.

7) Droplet Hair Detangling Brush



The next item is like a dupe for the Tangle Teezer Original Hairbrush and they literally have the same benefits and that is to efficiently detangle your hair leaving it knot free and smooth. To be honest, my hair is usually smooth and knot free so I am not the best person to review if this Miniso hairbrush is as good as the Tangle Teezer but one thing for sure is that it can be used as a mirror as well haha. Oh and by the way, the bristles of this brush is really soft so you can use it as hard and rough on your scalp and it will not hurt the scalp. This brush is retailing at $3.90 which is one tenth of the price of the Tangle Teezer and that's awesome.

8) Energy of Fruits Hand Cream (Lemon & Avocado)


Next is the hand cream duo that I purchased at $3.90 for two. There are other flavours as well such as Pineapple, Kiwi, Orange and Strawberry but I ended up choosing the Lemon and Avocado one. And to be honest, I don't know why they even bother doing different flavours because they don't even smell like the fruits they are named after. The lemon smells more like a dishwasher liquid and the avocado one smells like borderline Bygone. I don't know if it's because pregnant ladies tend to be more sensitive to smell because my husband actually likes the hand cream fragrance.

Very creamy and easily absorbed 
Anyway, aside from the smell, I think the hand cream is quite moisturising and not too greasy so I think it's quite worth the money after all.

9) Steam Eye Mask




This steam eye mask very much works the same as the Biore one but it caused me headache after putting it on! The introduction says that it will heat up to 40 deg Celsius once I put it on but I felt that the warmth is much higher than 40 deg celcius. It's to the extent I cannot take the heat and it's making me very uncomfortable. I have tried the Biore one previously and I remember liking it but this Miniso one is really very bad. It's honestly way too hot so I definitely will not recommend anyone buying this even though it really does look cute with the We Bare Bears eyes. But no, please don't torture your eyes by spending $4.90 on these masks.

10) Joie Portable Perfume 03 in Under the Pear Tree


If you have ever stepped into Miniso then you would have noticed that they have a wide range of perfume and I always wanted to try their perfume and I finally purchased one after testing all the fragrances in the store. I got the portable series one because truth is, I didn't think that these Miniso fragrances will last whole day so I thought buying the portable one makes more sense since I can bring it around and spray more if I need to. The one that I chose was called Under The Pear Tree (don't ask me how they decide on the name) and the main notes are Wood Pear, Freesia and Snow Pear. This actually smells really good and it reminds me of my Dkny Be Delicious Fresh Blossom EDP even though they have very different notes. But like I said, the fragrance didn't last too long on my body (about 1 hour) and I had to spray more throughout the day.

This portable perfume is easy to bring around as it looks pretty much like any rollerball perfume. It is retailing at $4.90 and I think it's quite a reasonable price for a nice fragrance.

11) Makeup Sponge


The second last item in this haul is this box of makeup sponges and they are in different bright colours which was why it caught my attention.

They are all in this hexagon shape
I have tried and tested it once and I think this makeup sponge works better when you wet it. When it was all dry, the sponge was kinda rough and hard on the skin but once I wet it, it became much softer so I felt that this sponge wasn't too bad. I believe it's retailing at $4.90 per box and I think it's something I can live without so I probably will not be repurchasing it if I run out of it. I still prefer the Rosy Rosa makeup sponge or the Daiso Makeup Sponge in wedge.

12) 3 in 1 Eyebrow Pencil + Eyebrow Powder + Eyeliner in Dark Brown


I have saved my best purchase from this haul to the last and it's this 3 in 1 Eyebrow and eyeliner pencil. O-M-G this product is sooooo good! I didn't have much expectation for this to be honest so I was totally blown away by its result when I tested it.

Eyebrow pencil 

Colour pigmentation is really good when swatched on hand

Firstly, the Eyebrow pencil is really very pigmented and it glides so smoothly both on my hand and my brow. It is very thin so you draw a very precise brow with it.

Eyebrow Powder

Colour pigmentation is equally good
Finished drawing my brow with the Eyebrow pencil and powder
Eyeliner pencil

Glides smoothly on the hand and it dries down quickly to a matte black
The eyeliner was what amazed me the most. It is so easy to apply as it glides so smoothly both on hand and on the lid. The eyeliner also dries down very quickly and I also like how thin the tip is so I can draw a fine line close to my lash line.


The eyeliner is smudge proof even for oily lids like mine and I noticed that even after a whole day, the eyeliner still looks the same as when I first applied. The only thing that I didn't quite like was that it really is very black which made me look a little fierce but the formula is amazing and I highly recommend everyone to get this 3 in 1 pencil which is retailing at $5.90 only.

One final honorable mention is this Marvel Mug that le husband bought.


This Marvel Mug comes in 2 colours, red and black and my husband chose this red one because he said this is the Marvel colour. The mug retailing at $3.90 and what he likes the most is it's microwave friendly.

So that's all I have for this mini Miniso Haul. All in all, I am quite satisfied with my purchases especially the 3 in 1 Eyebrow pencil, powder and eyeliner. I am probably gonna try out more of their makeup products and see if they are equally good. Let me know if you will keen to see me doing makeup products review from Miniso. I hope you've enjoyed reading this post. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment