Followers

Friday 26 July 2019

Tarte Unleashed Eyeshadow Palette Swatches and First Impression

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be doing a swatch for the latest Tarte Unleashed Eyeshadow Palette and I will be showing 2 eye makeup looks that I had created with this palette so if you're interested to see what looks I've created, keep on scrolling!

Tarte recently launched a brand new Unleashed eye palette which consists of 15 matte and metallic shades. This vegan, vivacious palette is inspired by animal kingdom kweens featuring earthy and tropical tones for fierce, striking looks.

This comes with a travel size Big Ego mascara. 


Let's talk about the packaging first, isn't it very vibrant and really pretty in a metal casing?! You don't even have to peek inside the palette to tell that the colours are gonna be very vibrant as well. Only thing I have to complain is that the palette is really heavy so I probably will not be bringing this palette out of house.


I'm totally digging these shades and I feel that you can really come out with many funky yet everyday eye looks. And the names of the shades are really cute and punny too with reference to the animal kingdom. So for example, the matte purple brown shade (last one on the 1st row) is called koalified and the matte mauve shade (2nd one on the 1st row) is called oh deer. How adorable and creative right?!


Gotta say, I am very impressed with the pigmentation of the palette. Just look at the colour pay off I got from one gentle swipe, although I do think that the metallic shades are faring slightly better than the matte ones. Just by swatching, I think my favourite shades are toad-ally (turquoise shimmer), party animal (navy blue sparkle), no fox given (matte burnt orange) and hawkward (pewter sparkle). Like I mentioned earlier, I feel that the shimmer shades are performing much better than matte shades because there was some fall outs when I was using the matte shades but not the shimmer shades. The shimmer shades are more well pressed as compared to the matte shades too. But all in all, I really like the variety of the shades in this palette and I think you can definitely go for an everyday look with the earthy tone shades as well as a funkier look with the more vibrant shades.

So next let's take a look at the 2 eye looks that I have created with this palette!

Everyday Look:




Steps to create this everyday look:

First, I applied Oh deer on my entire lid followed by Koalified on the outer corner of the upper lid bringing it down to the outer half of the lower lid, focusing it near the lower Lash line only. Next, I went for hippocritical and applied it to the centre of my upper lid blending it towards the inner corner and then bringing it down to the lower lid focusing it on the other half of it applying closer to the lash line. Lastly, I used You're lion to brighten up the inner corner and Swan song to highlight the brow bone. And that's the first look I created. 

Funky Look:



Steps to create this Funky look:

First, I applied Toucan Do It to the crease and then No Fox Given to the entire lid. After this, make sure you use a crease brush to blend the two shades together before moving on. Then, I went for Iguana Love You and applied it to the outer corner of the upper lid bringing it down to the lower lash line focusing on the outer half. Then I used Party Animal as an eyeliner for the upper lid and Toad-ally as the eyeliner to the inner half of the lower lid. To finish off this look, I blended Hawkward to the centre of the upper lid to add a little shimmer to the whole look. And that completed the funky eye look.

The eye palette also comes with a travel size Big Ego Masacra and it is in the most stunning hot pink colour I have ever seen.



But unfortunately I didn't quite like this mascara as I think it didn't really do much to my lashes. It wasn't volumising nor was it giving me the lengthening effect. Good thing it, it was smudge proof and not clumpy at all but I don't think I'll be purchasing the full size after I am done with this travel size one.

The Tarte Unleashed Palette is retailing at $59 at Sephora and I do think that it is quite a good price for a palette with 15 shades. So what are you waiting for, hurry up and go get it yourself!!! Anyway that's all I have for this post, please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment