Followers

Friday 30 August 2019

Cetaphil Pro Acne Prone Review

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

Recently, I received the new Cetaphil Pro Acne Prone Oil Control Foam Wash as well as the Oil Free Moisturising Lotion from Hometesterclub and I've been trying them out religiously for the past 2 weeks. So in today's post, I'll be sharing my thoughts on these new Cetaphil products, if you are interested to find out more, keep on reading!

Cetaphil Pro Acne Prone Oil Control Foam Wash



The new Cetaphil Pro Acne Prone Oil Control Foam Wash is formulated for acne prone skin and claims to be clinically proven to be able to remove up to 98% of excess shine and oil. It contains Zinc Coceth Sulfate, a mild surfactant for effective yet gentle cleansing and is non-comedogenic (not pores clogging) with its well tolerated and non irritating formulation.


The facial cleanser is in the form of a foam wash and I usually like foam wash because it would save me the hassle of emulsifying the normal creamy facial cleanser into foam, thus saving some time. However, I do find that this Cetaphil Pro Acne Prone Oil Control Foam Wash is a little too watery instead of foamy. My favourite foam cleanser thus far has got to be the Too Cool For School Mousse Soap which has the best foamy texture in my opinion. The foam is creamy yet foamy and solid. As compared to the Too Cool For School one, this Cetaphil one is very watery and I've got to pump at least 5 times to get the sufficient amount to cleanse my entire face. I think this facial wash is alright, not fantastic and I definitely didn't feel that my face was deeply cleansed after every wash. My face did not break out so far but I can't tell if it's because of this facial wash. This foam wash is retailing at $32.90 and honestly I think it is slightly pricey for a drugstore facial wash and I most definitely will not purchase it.

Cetaphil Pro Acne Prone Oil Free Moisturising Lotion


The new Cetaphil Pro Acne Prone Oil Free Moisturising Lotion claims to have been developed with carefully selected ingredients suitable for acne prone skin. With ceramide technology, it provides moisture to replenish the skin barrier which includes broad spectrum UV protection against the harmful effects of UV rays.
This is definitely a day time moisturiser since it has the UV protection. It says that this mosuturiser is fragrance free but to me I think it smells very much like the typical sunscreen lotion (Banana Boat one to be specific) and I actually hate this smell.



It does have a thin, creamy texture which allows it to be easily absorbed by the skin and I appreciate that. It is very light on the skin and it almost feels like I am not applying anything. I like that it is not oily and not too drying in the day but definitely do not use it at night because you will wake up to a very dry and dehydrated face. Overall I like that this moisturiser comes with SPF25 so you can skip the sunscreen if you want (but i dont recommend you do this). It is very lightweight so it's good to be used as a day time moisturiser or before you apply makeup. This moisturiser is retailing at $42.90 which again I think is slightly pricey. I don't think I will want to purchase this just because I think there are much better and cheaper moisturiser out there.

So all in all, I must say I am not very impressed with the new Cetaphil Pro Acne products. I feel that they are definitely on the higher range in terms of drugstore pricing and I just don't see myself purchasing these products with my own money. I don't see any improvements to my skin after 14 days of testing but to be honest I don't usually have too much break outs as well even though I do have oily skin. If you have very bad acne problem and this works for you, do let me know as well!

And that's all I have for this post. I hope you have enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment