Followers

Friday 2 August 2019

Tasting Daiso Snacks

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog?

Today I am gonna do something very exciting (at least to me it is) and that's tasting different Daiso Snacks with my husband! My husband and I really enjoy snacking a lot so I thought maybe I should try something I didn't try before from Daiso and let you people know if they are good. So if this is something you enjoy reading too, let me know and do continue reading this post!

1) Tohato Spicy Potato Snacks


We started our tasting session with this spicy potato snacks that has got so many chillies printed on the bottom of the packaging. First impression of this snack was that it must be very hot and spicy and we like spicy stuff so we thought we should give it a try. BUT, nah it's not spicy at all to us.


The shape of the potato snack reminded me of the good old Jack n Jill Roller Coaster snack except it is slightly thinner and spicier. It is a good snack but if you are looking for a really spicy snack to spice up your life, then this is not something you should pick up.

2) Brown Sugar Snack




The next item we tried was this Brown Sugar cracker thingy and I think it is a little too sweet to my liking. It is very crispy on the outside even though it is coated with a thick layer of brown sugar. If you are a fan of the Brown Sugar bubble tea, then this is something you should try too because it tastes a little like the milk tea.

3) Apple Butter Biscuits


Cute heart shaped cookie
The third snack is something I picked up because it sounded healthy lol. And it actually tastes really good. When I opened the packaging, I could smell the apple fragrance immediately and when you put it into your mouth, the apple taste lingers around. It is coated with lots of sugar but it really isn't that sweet, definitely not as sweet as the Brown Sugar Cracker. So this is surprisingly good in my opinion and the husband agreed on this as well.

4) Cheese Ring Crackers


The next snack is something similar to the good old Super Rings as it is also a cheese rings snacks but I personally prefer this to the Super Rings. It tastes and smells like real cheese with little cheese flakes on top of the crackers. While I was trying it, I also noticed that unlike the Super Rings which will stain our fingers with its orange colouring, this Daiso Cheese Rings did not stain the fingers at all which I think that means it doesn't really have much colouring which is impressive. No wonder it is the snack that was strongly recommended by the Daiso staff. Totally love it.

5) Soda Float Jelly




The fifth item is a dessert kinda snack and it is those old school jelly in Soda Float flavour. The husband really loves soda drinks so he personally picked this up coz he was really interested to try it. We felt it tasted a lot like the F&N ice cream soda drink except it is not gassy at all which is good if you do not like carbonated drinks like me. But I do feel that it tasted a little artificial as there was this weird after taste lingering in the mouth. Overall not too bad and it definitely tasted much better when chilled.

6) Rice Crackers with Mentaiko Cheese Cream



The husband is a fan of all things mentaiko so naturally we had to pick this last item up as well. I think this is the most expensive item from today's post since it is the smallest packet with the least quantity of them all. I feel that this is the typical Japanese snacks you will see when you go to Japan or any Japan snack stores. It is a rice cracker like the Wang Wang but wrapped with mentaiko cheese cream and the cheese cream is really very savoury with a tinge of fishiness and spiciness from the mentaiko, and a little saltiness from the cheese.

My favourite snack today is the Cheese Rings snacks as it is the one that surprised me the most. Also I feel that for $2, you get quite a decent amount of products which is good. My husband's favourite is definitely the Mentaiko one since mentaiko is his all time favourite food. The snack that we least like happened to be the same one and that is the Tohato Spicy Potato Snacks because we were very disappointed that it wasn that spicy after all. It tasted pretty normal so we thought it was nothing special.

So that's all I have for this snack tasting post, let me know if you'll be interested to see more post like this in the future! Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment