Followers

Tuesday 13 August 2019

I Bought A J Beauty Box From Watsons?!

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

Watsons recently did a 8.8 Shopathon sale online and they did a shopabox promotion whereby you paid for a box full of products that cost way more than what you paid for. I thought this was a cool idea so I purchased the J-Beauty Shopabox for that Kawaii Look one at $18.80.


And let's take a look at the stuff inside!


Wow! That's quite a lot of products for $18.80 and they are all full sized products! Pretty impressed with the amount of products here and I was especially excited when I saw that Watsons also included a sheet mask pack in this box as well and if you don't already know, I am very into sheet mask and I literally mask myself every single day. So without further ado, let's get started!

1) Clear Turn Princess Veil Aging Care Mask By Kose Cosmeport 8s



I have yet to try this mask but according to the website, it claims to help provide aging skin with rich moisture to care for problem areas. It is said to have been designed to fit the face of average Japanese users especially at the eye and mouth areas. This sheet mask is retailing at $8.90 in all Watsons outlets. I am actually quite excited to try this mask out and I'll definitely provide an update on my instastory after trying it. So stay tuned to my Instagram! 😘

2) Softymo White Cleansing Sheet 12s



I have actually never heard of or tried this brand before but this makeup remover wipes reminds me so much of the Bifesta because they seem to have the same packaging and colour. The one that's included in this shopabox is the travel size one which is retailing at $2.90 (I think) and I have yet to try it out but I really like makeup remover wipes that are made in Japan like Biore, Bifesta and Senka so I can't wait to try out Softymo one too.

3) Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil



The next product is another makeup remover from Softymo and it is their Speedy Cleansing Oil and this alone is retailing at $16.90. If you do your math, these 3 products that I had just shared already cost more than what I paid for. So I said this shopabox is definitely super value for money. Anyway back to this product, I am never a fan of cleansing oil because I do have oily skin and cleansing oil just makes my face oilier and I hate that feeling. So unfortunately, I'll not be trying or testing this product, but on this website it does claim to be able to quickly and gently lift away makeup and pore clogging impurities, speedily and thoroughly rinses away leaving no oily residue, making double cleansing unnecessary and this sounds amazing. If you are fan of cleansing oil, perhaps you wanna this out since it's really inexpensive and you can get it very conveniently from any Watsons stores.

4) Cezanne UV Liquid Foundations



Alright next let's move on to makeup products. There are actually not just one but three liquid foundations in the box and they are all from Cezanne. So Watsons actually included all the shades available for this Cezanne UV liquid foundation into the box and I thought that was very generous and thoughtful because people of any skin tones can find the right match for them and each foundation is retailing at $17.90.

The packaging reminds me of the Biore sunblock and you have to shake it well before using, just like the correction fluid we used to use in schools. It has got SPF 26 PA++ which is very minimal for sunblock but sufficient enough for a foundation in my opinion.


The shades available are 10 bright, 20 natural and 30 healthy with 10 being the lightest shade and 30 being the darkest. I actually can't tell the difference between shade 20 and 30 but they are obviously not my shades so I had to go for shade 10 bright which was also slightly too yellowish to my liking. The foundation has a watery texture and was rather easy to blend. It claims to give a matte and smooth finish all day long and contains four times more water resisting agent hence it is water proof.

Applied the foundation to the right side of the face
The foundation claims to have rather high coverage but when I applied the foundation to the one side of the face to compare the before and after results, I can still see my dark circles and most of my other acne scars as well so I wouldn't consider this to be high coverage. It did feel a little tacky as well so it's a foundation that you've got to set with powder. The finishing was kinda natural but definitely not matte like what it claims to be. I also put it to a wear test and I noticed that my nose area got very cakey and the t zone was very shiny after 9 hours. So in my opinion, I think this foundation is more suitable for normal skin with nothing much to conceal.

5) Cezanne Nose Shadow & Highlight




The next product is something I was personally very excited about because the darker looks like it is gonna be a perfect nose shadow. It also comes with a duo end brush but the sponge tip is quite redundant in my opinion.


When I tried to swatch them, I noticed that this nose shadow hightlight will be too light for darker skin tones and I think it will only work on very fair to fair skin tones.


This nose shadow highlight has a very natural finish in my opinion and I actually do like it. It is retailing at $15.90 which I think is a tad expensive for such a small product but the powder is quite fine and the finish is very natural. So if you are looking for a natural looking nose shadow and highlight, perhaps you can consider purchasing this Cezanne one.

6) Cezanne Face Control in 04





This Cezanne Bronzer is retailing at $10.90 and it is my favourite product in the Shopabox thus far. The colour of the Bronzer suits Asian skin tones in my opinion and using it as a contour or Bronzer gives us a very natural tanned and contoured look. The powder is also very fine and it applied smoothly with a brush. On the other hand, the brush that came together with the Bronzer is totally useless and I don't think it is suitable for bronzing or contouring at all.

7) Cezanne Face Control in 01,02 & 05




Next up we have the Cezanne Face Control highlights and they are totally not worth buying at all. The 01 shade is nothing but a white chalk and the other 2 shades do nothing on the cheeks as well. There aren't even a slight sheen to the highlights so I definitely don't recommend buying these which by the way are retailing at $10.90 each.

8) Canmake Juicy Lady Liquid Cheek




This Canmake Liquid Blush is my second favourite item in this Shopabox. When I first swatched it on my hand, it looked too bright and red to my liking but once I blended it out, it became a soft rosey colour which I think is super pretty and wearable. I was also very amazed that I was able to apply it on top of my setting powder without removing any of my base product. It lasted a good 10 hours as well so I highly recommend this liquid blusher from Canmake. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the retail price because it was listed on the Watsons website at all. If you happen to see this in store, definitely consider purchasing it because it is really good.

9) Canmake Layered Look Mascara in Rose Burgundy






Okay, I don't understand what this mascara is all about. It is supposed to be a mascara with 2 different colours to create a layered colour lash extension look. The Base is a rose colour whereas the top cost is a brown but the two colours are so similar in tone that the brown just overlaps the rose. Not only that, my lashes didn't take the colour well and I wasn't able to apply them evenly on my lashes. It has no volumising or lengthening effect at all and it doesn't help holding up the lashes. For $18.90, I would rather go for a normal Maybelline or L'Oréal mascara.

And that's all I have for this post. All in all, I had quite a bit of fun while unboxing this Watsons Shopabox and if they were to have another Shopabox, I think i totally would purchase again! I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment