Followers

Sunday 4 August 2019

Trying Drugstore Lipsticks that are under $10

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be sharing some really affordable drugstore lipsticks that are all under $10 each. Let me know if you like to see such content and I'll be happy to uncover more affordable drugstore products for yall! So let's quickly get started!

1) essence Velvet Matte Lipstick

Well, we all know that essence is a really very affordable drugstore brand and I've been loving their products since I first started my makeup journey. So, it's no surprise that their lipsticks are under $10. In fact, this Velvet Matte Lipstick is retailing at $4.50 each only.


I think the packaging for this range is really cute, don't you think so?



I got mine in the shade 04 and it is a dark rosey colour with a purple undertone. There are a total of 3 shades for this Velvet Matte Lipstick collection and I think that's too little as you really don't have much option to choose from. But I do love that this lipstick is very creamy and not drying at all. So essence please come out with more shades!! Also, I do notice that it has a very light Berry smell to it which I totally adore. So highly recommend this lipstick from essence.



2) Flormar Deluxe Cashmere Lipstick

Perhaps not many people have heard of this Italian cosmetics brand because I believe it had just recently landed in Singapore's Guardian. I bought the Deluxe Cashmere Lipstick in Throw Back Rose from the PS's Guardian outlet at $9.90 out of curiosity because I had yet tested out any products from this brand and since I was gonna do this post, I thought I should try it out too.





For the packaging, I don't really like it because it gets dirty very easily with fingerprints. There are a total of 12 shades from this Deluxe Cashmere range and I got mine in the shade Throw Back Rose. It is retailing at $9.90 at certain Guardian outlets (so far I saw them selling at Funan and PS). This lipstick is quite long lasting, the pigmentation is really good but it is not transfer proof so I stained almost everything my lips touched and it was a horrible mess. On top of that, it has an overwhelming smell to it which I don't know how to describe but it's a smell that I don't personally like. Well, it does last a decent amount of time so for $9.90 I think it's still quite worthy.



3) Catrice Power Plumping Gel Lipstick


This is by the far the most moisturising lipstick I've ever used and I am loving it.
There are a total of 10 shades in this range and I got mine in shade 090 which is a deeper red with a purple undertone.


Be brave


It has a glossy finishing and the colour pigmentation is really good. Unfortunately it doesn't last long on the lips and I noticed that it will bleed a little. But it is really comfortable especially on my dry lips so I would probably get a few more shades. This is retailing at $8.90 which I think is quite alright.


4) Wet n Wild Lipstick

Ladies and gentlemen, can you believe this Wet n Wild lipstick is only retailing at $2.90 each?! 


The packaging is pretty normal and in fact I got one defected one which I couldn't turn it up no matter what. It's only $2.90 so you can't really expect something of high good quality in terms of packaging. 


I got myself 3 different shades in Blushing Bali, Dark Pink Frost and Just Garnet. Got to say, the pigmentation for the lighter shades are alright but the darker shade one is reallygood. The lip colour is not very lasting but it does have a good satin finishing so if you're looking for cheap lipsticks, Wet n Wild is definitely a good choice. Also, it doesn't have any strong smell to it, which is something I appreciate. 


5) Silky Girl MLBB lip tint



The last lipstick that I'm gonna talk about is the Silky Girl My Lips But Better Lip Tint and this is my personal least favourite in this post. I got them in 2 shades, Autumn and Scarlet. It comes with a doe foot Applicator and is very easy to apply. It does take a while to dry up but once it is dried, it has a matte finishing. The colour pigmentation is good but it will stain your lips and it takes forever to remove. So unless you like something that is super long lasting (can last 2 days), I suggest that you give this a miss. This Silky Girl MLBB lip tint is retailing at $7.90 each and is available at most Watsons and Guardian stores. 

The colour is still there after a day.

So that's all I have for this affordable drugstore lipsticks post! I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment