Followers

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Revlon Photoready Candid Foundation + Concealer + Loose Powder First Impression & Wear Test

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

So in today's post, I'll be trying the Revlon Photoready Candid collection, mainly the foundation, concealer and the loose powder. And as usual, I'll give my first impression as well as wear test review for this Revlon Photoready Candid collection. If you are curious to find out more, keep on reading!


Let's start off with the Revlon Photoready Candid Natural Finish Anti-Pollution Foundation. This foundation claims to be skin enhancing, natural looking and it is able to deliver a flawless finish all day long while hydrating. It also consists of anti pollution, anti oxidant and anti blue light ingredients to protect your skin while making you feel better without oils, parabens, phthalates, synthetic dyes and harsh fragrances. There are a total of 31 shades and I believe our local drugstore Guardian and Watsons are carrying 6 shades at the moment. It is retailing at $27.90 for 22ml of product which I think is quite reasonable for a foundation.


For the packaging, I really like it is in a plastic tube, which is so light and easy to bring around. And it also happens to come with a pump, which is awesome.




I got mine in shade 110 which I'm not gonna lie, it's a tad too light for me but for foundation, I usually like to go a little lighter just in case it oxidises and I usually will put on more bronzer to bronze up my face if the foundation happens to be too light, so no big deal.
I also noticed that the foundation has a little scent to it, but the scent is very bearable and it doesn't last throughout the day. For this wear test, I did something different from my previous wear test. I was using a foundation brush to apply on the right side of my face and a normal makeup sponge to apply on the left side of my face so I can review which is a better application in my opinion.


I was done with the right side application with a brush in the photo above and I think the foundation definitely has got low to medium coverage. Most of my flaws were still quite visible and I would say that my dark circles were only 50% covered. Not as good as I thought for its coverage but it does have a natural, satin finish that is not matte nor dewy and I kinda like this finish. It is also not tacky in my opinion which is good because you don't have to set it if you're feeling lazy.


And for the left side of my face, I used a makeup sponge to apply. Not sure if you can tell from the photo above but I think the coverage was worse than using the brush. My dark circle was much more prominent on the left where I used a sponge whereas it is more concealed on the right where I used a brush. So for higher coverage, I would suggest to apply with brush instead for this foundation.

All in all, I think the foundation is not too bad, the coverage is definitely buildable in my opinion and it is suitable for days when you just want a "my skin but better, no makeup makeup look". And I actually think that this foundation will suit all skin types. It is not drying or matte and it is also not greasy or shiny on the face so I think it will work well with dry to oily skin.



Next up we have the Photoready Candid Antioxidant Concealer and it comes in the exact packaging as the foundation with an unique applicator that's almost flat instead of a pump. It is retailing at $20.90 in Guardian and there's a total of 3 shades for you to choose from. I got mine in shade 005 Fair and I think it matches my skin colour well.


The concealer is very creamy, almost a little tacky when you first applied it but it blended so well that it almost looked like my skin but better. I wouldn't say it's very high coverage but definitely enough to cover up the flaws. It also didn't crease under the eye or set into my fine lines. I think i actually really quite like this concealer.

Lastly, we have got the Photoready Candid Anti Pollution Setting Powder which is retailing at $25.90 for a 15g product in all Guardian and Watsons outlets.


Again really love the packaging and it also comes with a plastic stopper to reduce wastage and messiness. I got mine in shade 001 which is also the lightest out of the 3 shades available in Guardian. I like that the powder really sets down my makeup, making my face so smooth and flawless, without looking dry. It is really lightweight and not cakey at all. I really do like this as well! Let's see how well this base makeup will fare after long hours of wearing!




And that's how my face looked like after 13 hours of wearing the makeup! No cakeyness, no grease or shine, no dry patch and my makeup pretty much stayed intact and looked exactly as when I first applied. I am really impressed with this Revlon Photoready Candid collection and I highly recommend everyone to try them out!

And that's all I have for this post. I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment