Followers

Tuesday 6 August 2019

First Impression - Sephora Collection x Barbie

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be doing a first impression on the Sephora collaboration with Barbie and if you've been contemplating whether to get it or not, this post may just be very useful to you! So without further ado, let's get started!

Comes in such a cute packaging and when I flipped it over, it's actually a radio! 

There are a total of 4 products in this collection, including a exclusive Barbie cap which I absolutely adore.

1) Sephora Collection Miniature Eyeshadow Palette in shade Donut



This eyeshadow palette is retailing at $22 and not gonna lie, it's a palette I won't wanna buy if it's not included in this collection kit. The colours are not something I usually go for as it is kinda boring in my opinion. There are 3 browns in this palette, 2 shimmer shades as well as one base shade.


The colour payoff was alright when I swatched them on hand but when I tried to apply the colours to my lid, they just didn't show up no matter how many layers I applied. To make things worse, the fall outs were pretty bad as well. If you are a beginner to make up, you probably can try playing with this palette first since the pigmentation is not as high so you don't have to worry about overdoing your eye makeup. Better still, there is a small tutorial on the packaging itself so you can follow it to do a simple eyelook.


2) Sephora Collection Outrageous Extension Mascara in Ultra Black



This mascara is retailing at $26 and I think it is a pretty decent mascara, just slightly overpriced in my opinion. I believe I can get similar mascara in the drugstore at a much cheaper price #justsaying.


There's nothing special about the wand and when I applied the mascara, my lashes got a litlle clumpy but it got better after combing a few times.


My lashes lengthened a little after two coats of mascara and they were slightly curled (without eyelash curler) and I love that it is very black, making the lashes kinda look like falsies. But like the eyeshadow palette, I probably will not buy this mascara if it wasn't included in this collection kit because I found it slightly pricy.

3) Sephora Collection Stylographic Fine Line Micro Thin Felt Liner in Black




The last item in this Barbie collection kit is this Stylographic eyeliner and I thought the name sounds so stylo milo haha. This eyeliner retails at $20 and it is in my opinion, the best product in this collection. I love that its tip is so fine and hard so it's very easy to draw a thin, fine line that's close to my lash line. Also, it is very waterproof and smudge proof, even for oily lid like mine. This is hands down my favourite product from this collection.

The Sephora x Barbie Collection kit is retailing at $59 and if you do the math, it is actually cheaper to get these items in the kit as compared to getting them individually which will cost you $9 more. Also you can get a cute limited edition Sephora exclusive Barbie cap in this kit as well. But if you don't need all the 3 items and especially since the eyeshadow palette is really meh, then this collection kit is not for you. My suggestion is, just get the Stylographic eyeliner because it is really good.

Before I end this post, I really wanna quickly mention the Sephora Lipstories x Barbie lipstick which I also got one in shade 36.





I love the packaging as it is so girly and lightweight at the same time. The shade 36 has a cream finishing so it's really on the lips and not drying at all. It is not transfer proof but it lasted quite a decent amount of time. I especially love the deep rose shade and I feel that it can go well with many different makeup look. Sephora Lipstories are retailing at $13 each which I think is a good price for a lipstick.

So that completes this post and I hope you have enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment