Followers

Monday 26 August 2019

If I could only keep 5 makeup products, what would they be?

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

So in today's post, I'll be talking about the 5 makeup products that I absolutely cannot live without, and I'll definitely repurchase them if one day I lose them all. If you are curious to see which 5 products I'll be sharing, keep on reading!

1) IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting Cream


I have never talked about this product in my blog before but this is the one product that I always go to on days when I have to go out but feeling lazy to put on makeup. The IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting Cream claims to be able to completely cancel redness in your skin from view. Rich in anti-aging ingredients and technology, it instantly camouflages redness and any red-toned skin discolourations from rosacea, broken capillaries, blemished skin, scars, irritated skin, sun damage and more. And in my opinion, it honestly does what it claims. There are a total of 3 shades for you to choose from and I have mine in shade Transforming Neutral Beige.



A little goes a very long way for this product and what I usually do on lazy days is I will apply a little bit of this correcting cream onto my scars and any other redness on my skin that I have on that particular day. Due to the high pigmentation of this product, it is able to cover and conceal everything completely but at the same time, it magically matches my skin tone so perfectly that I don't even have to apply the whole face to get an even skin tone.


See, the correcting cream matches my skin colour so well that my skin instantly looks so flawless. I love that it really is not tacky and it really gives a "my skin but better" finish. This is definitely one product that I'll always keep stock at home. It is retailing at $52 for this small tub of product but because you really only need a very little amount each time so I believe this small tub can last more than 6 months.

2) Daiso Eye Brow Pencil


I believe this is not the first time that this product appears on my blog and that is because I really do love this eye brow pencil from Daiso. It has the highest CP value in my opinion. It is only $2 and it has sufficient product to last me a few months. I literally stock this item everytime I go to Daiso, just in case it went out of stock.

So what I like about this product is that it is duo ended, on one end you've got the brow pencil itself and on the other end you've got the spoolie which is so convenient and useful. I like that the pencil is of the right texture, not too hard and too soft and it glides on so smoothly making it so easy and effortless to draw the brows.




Also the brown shade match me perfectly since I have pretty dark hair now. Enough of my raving about this product because I am about to give a short tutorial on how to draw your brows effortlessly so if you are always taking too much time to draw your brows, just follow these simple steps and it will change your life forever.
Regardless whether you are using brow pencil, brow powder or brow gel, use the brow pencil or brush to make some markings on your brow first. So for the start of your brow, hold your pencil vertically upright from the side of your tip of the nose. If you are drawing the right brow, then you should be placing the pencil vertically upright on the right side of the tip of your nose as per the picture below.



Then moving to the arch of your brow, place the pencil vertically upright next to your iris and make the marking.


Last but not least, for the end of your brow, you need to place the pencil diagonally from the side of your nose to the outer corner of your eye and make your marking there.



So once you have gotten these 3 markings made, you can start my connecting them together, starting from the arch to the end of the brow because that's where your brow should be the darkest. Then with a light hand, connect the arch to the start of the brow, drawing lightly and using the spoolie to blend the colour out.

And there you are, a completed brow. One tip is to always start with the side that you are most uncomfortable to draw on. For eg, if you are a right handed person, it is most of the time easier to draw the right brow so i usually start with my left brow so that it will be easier for me to match my right brow to the left. Let me know if this markings work for you or if you have better tricks to draw your brows, do let me know as well!

3) Etude House Curl Fix mascara

There's a saying "the eyes are the windows of the soul" so one of the makeup product that I can never live without is definitely a mascara. To me, a good mascara opens up my eyes, creating more definition to the eyes, making me looks more energetic and livelier. And in my opinion, the Etude House Curl Fix Mascara is one good mascara that is able to do the above effortlessly for me.



There is something about this wand that makes it so easy to lift my lashes up, giving it a natural curl at the same time. My lashes also look more voluminise everytime I use this mascara. It is also very waterproof and it is able to last a long day, without any smudging. But because this mascara is so waterproof, it is also very hard to remove. I always find myself having a hard time to remove this mascara and it only works well when I use the mascara remover from Heroine Make. This Etude House Curl Fix mascara is so inexpensive and I believe you can get it from Qoo10 or G Market for less than $10.

4) essence pure nude highlighter in be my highlight


This essence highlighter is the very first highlighter that I've purchased and I love it so so much. If you are looking for a very shimmery and glittery highlight then this is not something for you. The sheen in this highlight is very subtle and soft but that's the reason why I love it. It makes you look like you have a natural healthy glow so on days that you really just want a no makeup makeup look, this is definitely a good highlight to go for.



And on top of using it to highlight, I would sometimes use it as an eyeshadow as well for a simple eye look. This is definitely my ride or die highlighter and I'll repurchase it till the day it is discontinued.

5) Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm

Last but definitely not least, the last product that I can never live without is a good lip balm because as you may already know by now, I have eczema prone lips and they are usually very dry so I have to carry a lip balm with me wherever I go. I don't usually wear lipstick unless I'm trying a new product or doing lip swatches so to finish a simple makeup look, I would usually go for a tinted lip balm instead. The tinted lip balm that I really love is the Aritaum Ginger Sugar Tint Lip Balm and I love the shade dreaming coral.



I really like that this lip balm is very moisturing and nourishing to the lips and it somehow makes my lips so healthy looking with a slight shine to it. I also love that it has an orangey fragrance which reminds me of orange juice everytime I apply it. It is also very inexpensive and I believe I paid $4 for it, from Ezbuy. I'll definitely repurchase it when I am done with the current one.

And tada my completed no makeup makeup look with just the 5 items. Ps ignore my messy hairdo pls

So that's all I have to share in this post. These are the items that I will definitely purchase if one day I lost all my makeup products and I can only have 5 products. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment