Followers

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Trying Haidilao Instant Mala Hotpot

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be doing something different from my usual grind. I had recently bought a Haidilao Instant Mala Hotpot and I really wanna try it out and do a review on it so if you're keen to see how I feel about it, keep on reading!


Everything on the packaging was in Chinese but basically it's saying that the one I bought was the beef flavoured one with authentic beef in it. Sounds good!


And here's the cooking instructions. First step was to put in all the ingredients, followed by a little water to mix the sauce with the ingredients. I'll explain the third and last step in a bit. First, let's take a look at the ingredients.




First packet was the preserved vegetables and there were quite a few varieties, including potatoes, lotus roots, bamboo shoots, seaweed and black fungus.



Next was the beef itself. I had no idea how they managed to preserve the beef but they tasted really good after cooking.



Last ingredient here was the vermicelli. Not sure if you noticed but I actually added some luncheon meat as well haha.




And the most important ingredient in this hot pot was the mala sauce itself. The sauce legit smell exactly like Haidilao mala hotpot you get in the stores.


After putting the mala sauce, you got to add in water to mix the ingredients and the sauce together. The water would later become the soup of your mala hotpot.



After settling the ingredients, we need to start the "cooking". Firstly, I poured 260ml of normal temperature water into the black box that was provided.



Then removed the heat pack from the plastic packaging and made sure the heat pack was intact, i.e. not torn or exposed. Add the heat pack into the 260ml of water that was added in the previous step.


Once you put in the heat pack, you got to quickly put the ingredients box back and then covered it up. After that, wait for 15 minutes and your instant mala hotpot will be ready.



Tada, Haidilao Instant Mala Hotpot was served! The soup base was not as oily as the one we ate in the store and the spicy level was not as high as well but the taste was great! The preserved ingredients taste as good as fresh ingredients and even the beef was super tender and soft.


Even though this was just one serving but I thought it was sufficient for 2 pax. My favourite was the potatoes and lotus roots while my husband loved the beef and vermicelli.

All in all, we thought this Haidilao Instant Mala Hotpot tasted quite similar to the one in store and it was genuinely good. We thought this is perfect for those who are craving for Haidilao hotpot but are on a budget. Oh ya, there are also other flavours such as the signature Haidilao Tomato soup base and there is also a vegan option one. The beef one that we got is retailing for less than $10 and I think it's super worth getting.

So that's all I have for this Mala Hotpot post. I hope you have enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment