Followers

Sunday 11 August 2019

I Finished It - Product Empties

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be sharing the products that I had recently finished up and I'll let you know if they are worth buying and if I'll be repurchasing. So if you're curious to see what are the products I've been using, keep on reading!


1) Miche Bloomin Daily Contact Lenses


These are literally the most comfortable contact lenses that I have ever worn. They are so easy to put on, and they don't make my eyes feel dry at all. I've been using this whenever I was doing some photoshoot or if I needed to look extra presentable.


If you have read my previous monthly favourites post, then you would have known that I will definitely repurchase this contact lenses, if I can. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find them in Singapore and I'm still trying my luck on Airfrov. So if anyone of you who are reading this right now knows where I can purchase these contact lens, please leave a comment down below! 🙏

2) Sebamed Lip Defense with SPF30



The second item that I had finished up was the Sebamed Lip Defense Lip Balm and I believed I actually finished it within a month. I have very dry lips and I felt that this lip balm really helped moisturise and  hydrates my lips when it was all chapped and dried making them soft again. I also like that it has SPF 30 for protection of harmful effects of the sun. It is retailing at $7.40 at most drugstores and I thought the price is quite reasonable but I am not sure if I will be repurchasing it because I do have many other lip balms on hand to try out so perhaps I'll not be repurchasing it for the time being but this is definitely a good lip balm for everyday use and I really love how it smoothed my lips.

3) Mentholatum Acnes Patch (0.8cm, 35pcs)




This third item was something I bought from my most recent Taiwan trip hence everything printed on the packaging was in Chinese and I believe this is not selling in Singapore. I remembered buying this because when I was in Taiwan, I had a really big pimple that refused to go away so I got very desperate and bought this Mentholatum Acne Patch. It came with a tweezer as well which was pretty thoughtful because you really don't want your pimples to be further infected by germs and bacteria. This Mentholatum acne patch that I bought was the super thin one and they were each 0.03cm thick only. I hardly felt anything when I pasted them onto my face and I could use it as a protective cover when I put on my makeup and it didn't look like there was something extra on my face. I would totally repurchase this, if I ever see them in our local drugstores.

4) Cosrx Acne Pimple Master Patch (24 patches)


I shared this in my Ezbuy 618 sales previously and I had since finished the entire pack already. I had a pretty bad breakout in June when I was trying some new skincare products and I literally spammed these acne patches whenever I had to do some full face makeup. I thought I like this at first but after using the entire packet, I noticed it didn't really help to extract any impurities or oil like it claims it will. My pimple took forever to clear and all this acne patch did is to act as a protective cover. But the patch was slightly thicker than the Mentholatum one and it looked more obvious on the face too. I did repurchase another packet as it is retailing at only $3.20 per pack but I am also on a lookout for a better alternative. Let me know if you have any good recommendations =)

5) Saborino Good Night Sheet Mask (28 pcs)




Everyone knows Saborino Good Morning Mask but do you know that they also came out with a Good Night Mask? And personally, I prefer the Good Night Mask to the Good Morning Mask because I find the night one more moisturising and pleasant smelling to the Good Morning Masks. I am a sheet mask person and I always make it a point to put on a mask every night. On nights that I feel a little lazier, I would just throw on this Good Night Mask for 1 minute and my skin would have received the moisture that it needs. I also love the calming chamomile orange scent of the Good Night Mask and it is one of the best smelling masks I've ever used. This Saborino Good Night Mask is retailing at $21.90 in most Guardian Outlets and I will definitely repurchase it again and again. In fact, I am days away from finishing my second packet.


6) Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum Ex (60ml)



This was my very first bottle of Sulwhasoo First Care Activating Serum Ex and I really love it a lot. I usually use it as the first step of my night time skin care routine and I did notice that my skin felt smoother, healthier and firmer after applying. It also helped better absorbed the next few skincare products, maximising their results. This 60ml serum is retailing at $110 but it did last me a good 6 months so I thought it's quite reasonable and I definitely will repurchase it.

7) Fresh Rose Deep Hydrating Face Serum (30ml)

I have also used up a Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Serum which also claims to cool and nourish the skin, prepping it for the rest of the skincare routine with its soothing blend of rosewater, rose flower oil and cucumber extract. I personally liked the smell of the serum and how light weight the product itself is. However, I didn't notice much difference after using this serum and this is actually retailing at $77 for just 30ml so it's slightly more expensive as compared to the Sulwhasoo one. Therefore, I think i most likely will not be repurchasing this anymore.

8) Shiseido White Lucent MicroTargeting Spot Corrector (30ml)



This is an intensive anti-spot serum that helps diminish the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation and it also claims to minimise the appearance of future dark spots which was the main reason why I purchased it to begin with since I do not have any dark spots or hyperpigmentation on my skin. Another reason why I purchased it was because of the cute pink packaging but I think it's not worth the $155 at all. It is really expensive and I really didn't notice any results at all so I doubt I'll be repurchasing it.

9) Kiehl's Powerful Strength Line Reducing Eye Brightening Concentrate (15ml)


This eye cream claims to improve the look of the delicate eye area with a potent concentration of pure vitamin c which is known to be able to improve the appearance of aging skin. It also claims to be able to brighten the eye area thus eliminating dark circles but I did not notice any of such results unfortunately. This is retailing in Singapore at $75 for a 15ml product which to be honest is not too expensive for a eye cream but I do prefer the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye which is retailing at $60 for also a 15ml product. Not only is the latter one cheaper but I also see better results using it. In fact, I ended up repurchasing it again and again and I am currently using my 5th tube of it. So if you're looking for a good and affordable eye cream, why not try the Midnight Recovery Eye.

10) The Ordinary Coverage Foundation in shade Light Neutral



I had actually done a review on this foundation before and I'll put the link here http://hellojingwen.blogspot.com/2018/05/review-ordinary-coverage-foundation.html?m=0

I actually did like this foundation a lot but I've got many foundations on hand to play with and therefore I don't think I'll be repurchasing this for the time being. But this is really a good foundation so if you are interested, do click on the link above and see how it looked like on my face.

11) Revlon Colour Stay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in shade sand beige


This foundation used to be my holy grail foundation for oily skin and I cannot believe I actually forgot all about it. I remembered it to be very long lasting and is has a natural finish to it that was not very drying yet leaving my skin shine free all day. I even recommended it to my friends who have oily skin like me so this was how much I love the product. I think I am definitely going to repurchase it and do a thorough review on my blog soon. Let me know if this is something you'll be interested to read!

12) IGK Thirsty Girl Coconut Milk Leave In Conditioner


This is a leave-in conditioner that leaves your hair smoother, shinier and frizz free for 24hours and I love it. I love the coconut smell and pure coconut milk actually helps to smoothen, nourishes and strengthen the hair to prevent breakages. I love how it is so easy to apply because all I need to do is to spray it on my damp hair and wait for it to dry. I can totally skip the hair conditioner step while washing my hair now and this saves me a lot of time. This is retailing at $42 but one bottle is able to last me more than 6 months so I have already repurchased another bottle during Sephora sale. And I will keep repurchasing it until I found a better alternative.

And that's all I have for this post. I'll be doing more empties post like this in the future so do let me know if this something you like to read. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment