Followers

Sunday 1 September 2019

August 2019 Favourites

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

Happy 1st September! Can't believe that August is over just like that and I'm counting down to my final few weeks of pregnancy already! 😱 Anyway, new month means a new monthly favourites post so if you are curious to see what I've been loving for the entire month of August, keep on reading!

1) Pearl Hairclips Set


My first favourites of August is these 2 pearly hairclips which I wore them as a set and I absolutely adore them. I love how they are both very classy and minimalistic at the same time and they go well with most of my dressy outfits. I usually go simple on my other accessories if I'm gonna wear these hairclips so that I don't look to over accessorised. Hairclips are the trend nowadays and I really am loving this trend because it instantly makes my outfits a little more feminine and hip (depending on the hairclips). I got these hairclips from Qoo10 when they were having a 1-for-1 sale and they cost me about $2 which is approximately a dollar each and that's a great deal.

2) Vaseline 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly



Well my second favourite is not something new and I'm pretty sure many of you out there are already very familiar with it. But for the entire month of August, I've been using this Vaseline very religiously because I had dry patches all over my body and sometimes they really itch a lot. I have never had any dry skin problem for my whole life until I got pregnant so I am not sure if it's because of hormonal change but Vaseline definitely saves my life. The one that I am showing in the picture is the biggest tub of vaseline (13oz) I've ever seen and I bought it from Japan previously. So what I usually do is I will apply it directly to where my skin is really dry and scaly before I sleep and when I wake up the next day, the skin becomes smoother and less itchy. I think Vaseline really works wonder and you can literally apply it anywhere on your body. I will spam them on my heels as well when I think that they are feeling rough. I will also apply them on my breast because pregnant ladies have got dry boobs and nipples due to hormones changing. Really glad that something like Vaseline exists and I think it is a total saviour, at least for me.

3) Coach Perfume For Her EDP in 90ml

Photo from Shopee
MLy next favourite is a new fragrance that I had recently purchased and it is the Coach EDP in 90ml. This is my second Coach fragrance and unfortunately the first one that I've owned is already discontinued and you can't possible buy it anymore but I really loved that a lot too so I thought I should try out another Coach EDP and thankfully this new one didn't disappoint me at all.  The Coach Eau de Parfum is inspired by the spontaneous energy and downtown style of New York City. A fragrance full of contrasts, opens with bright, sparkling raspberry, which gives way to creamy Turkish roses, before drying down to a sensual suede musk base note. And if you don't already know, I love musky fragrances a lot so this Coach EDP is totally up my alley. I love that it is able to last a decent amount of time on my skin and a little goes a very long way for this perfume because I usually only have to spray 3 times and I will smell good the entire day, well at least 6 hours.


See, I've been using very often in August and it still look pretty full so that shows how little amount I need. It is retailing at $149 for this 90ml bottle and I think that's pretty cheap as compare to other high end brands. Definitely recommending this to all those musky scent lovers out there.

4) Elizabeth Arden Around The World with 8 hours Take Off and Touch Down Lip Duo


Wow, my 4th favourite item in August sure has got a very long name to it but that's okay because I really love this duo from Elizabeth Arden. I am a big fan of Elizabeth Arden Lip balm because it is very nourishing and moisturising for my dry lips so I was really really excited to try this duo on my lips. It comes with a lip scrub which helps to exfoliate,soften and smooth the lips as well as a lip protectant that works just like their lip balm, relieving symptoms of chapped, cracked and dry lips with its moisturising, super-protective lip balm formula.


I will usually scrub my lips twice a week or whenever I feel that my lips are not its best condition. As for the lip protectant, I will use it every night before I sleep, putting on a very thick layer to act as a lip mask and when I wake up the next day, my lips will feel so moisturise and plump. Unfortunately, this Elizabeth Arden Lip Duo is a limited edition item and I am not sure if you can still get it from the departmental store. If you do see this product, please drop me a message and let me know because I do want to stock it up.

5) Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser 22ml


Alright moving on to my beauty favourites in August, first on my list is this Maybelline Pore Eraser Primer and I know that most you are already very familiar with this product because it is one of Maybelline's most classic product of all time. I recently rediscovered this product when I was doing the full face Maybelline makeup post and I've been reaching out for this primer very often ever since. You can read up the Full Face Maybelline makeup blog post for my first impression on this primer. What I like about this primer is that it is not oily yet it is able to make my skin feels silky smooth after applying and it definitely helps in getting a smoother foundation application after using this. I do have oily skin, especially on my nose area so what I usually do is that I will first apply the mattifying primer on my nose area and then the pore eraser on the entire face for that silky finish. My makeup was able to last an entire day with this primer and because of the mattifying primer I used beforehand, I was able to keep myself shine free the whole day as well. Totally understand why this pore eraser primer is a classic because it is really that good.

6) Maybelline Fit Me Skin Fit Powder Foundation in 120 Classic Ivory


Another favourite from Maybelline is their Fit Me Powder Foundation and I had also done a review on it previously on my blog. So it you are interested, go ahead and read that post as well. I love how this foundation as a skin like finish and it looks like second skin to me when my full face makeup is completed. My skin feels so smooth and looks flawless with this powder foundation. It also works as a setting powder if you like a flawless finish or if you want an even and high coverage. This powder foundation is retailing at $19.90 and a little goes a long way for this foundation so I think it definitely can last a long time. Hands down my favourite drugstore powder foundation at the moment.

7) Calypso Magic Concealer in Salmon Beige



The next favourite is something I purchased when I was in Japan few months ago and I only started using it recently. I bought this from one of the Cosme Store in Tokyo and this concealer was ranked number 1 so I was really intrigued by the ranking, I mean just take a look at the packaging, it has won so many first place and it is Cosme number one product so I had to buy it. When I came back to Singapore, I remembered swatching this concealer and was kinda disappointed because I thought the colour was a little too orangey to my liking and the texture was a bit creamy and it seemed hard to blend.


But when I tried it for the first time recently, I immediately fell in love with the finish. I have brownish eye circles so orange based concealer works best for me if I want to conceal the dark circles. If you have bluish dark circles, then do go for concealer that is yellow based and one shade lighter than your foundation to brighten your undereyes. Anyway back to this concealer, I like how it is able to blend so well with any foundation and it doesn't crease at all. Most importantly, I am able to conceal my dark circles, and at the same time brightening the undereyes. It is no wonder that this concealer is named Magic Concealer because it does work magic on your skin. Highly recommend this if you are traveling to Japan.

8) Maybelline Soda Pop Eyeshadow Palette



My last favourite of the month is the Maybelline Soda Pop Eyeshadow Palette and to be honest, I kinda cheat on this because I've only just started using it on the last week of August but I love it. It is so much better than the other Maybelline Lemonade Pop eyeshadow palette in my opinion. The shadows in this palette have got a creamy smooth texture and they are so blendable. I did experience a little fallouts with the matte shades but all in all I think it is a good palette with lots of interesting shades to play with.


I like that some of the shades in this palette look awesome on its own for example Cherry Cola and Sugar High which I've been wearing non stop. You can't get this palette from our local drugstore but websites like Shopping District and Coma Makeup are selling them at $25. So definitely go get it if you are interested in the shades.

And that's all I have for my August Favourites. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and let me know some of your favourites as well. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment