Followers

Saturday 14 September 2019

My Husband Did My Makeup

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

I have a special guest with me in today's post and that's none other than my lovely husband. He will be doing my full face makeup in this post for the first time and honestly we are quite nervous about it. So if you are curious how my makeup will look like, keep on reading!


To start things off, I took some of my beloved makeup products from my collection and grouped them accordingly to make things easier for my husband.

So the first thing he went for was the primer and he chose the E.L.F blemish control face primer.



When asked how he was going to apply it to my face, he took a Daiso makeup sponge in wedge shape and pumped the primer onto it and applied it on my entire face.

After priming the face, he went ahead to choose a foundation from my collection.


And he chose the Becca Skin Love Weightless Blur Foundation.


Again, he pumped it onto the same makeup sponge which he was using for the primer.


And dabbed it onto my face like that 👇


Instead of running it onto my face, he chose to slowly dab the foundation onto my face which was how I usually do my foundation so I was quite impressed here.


Foundation done. 
Foundation was applied very evenly but he did totally skip the undereye area which was why my dark circles were completely unconcealed. So I asked my husband how he was gonna solve my dark circles problem, and surprisingly he gave me the right answer and that was to use a concealer. The concealer of his choice was the 3CE waterful concealer which happened to be on of my favourite as well.


Again, he squeezed the concealer into the same sponge and applied it to the areas he thought I need to conceal.



Okay, so he did manage to conceal my acne scars but not so much of the dark circles though.

Then I asked him to touch my face and decide if my face was feeling tacky which he said a little which meant we needed to set the base makeup with a powder.


He cleverly chose the big powder brush for application. 

Base makeup completed. Not too bad to my surprise. 
And that's when nightmare began lol.

For contouring, the hub chose the Wet N Wild Contouring Palette Contour in Dulce De Leche.


And of course a contour brush.



Not sure if you can tell, but see how he bring the contour all the way down to my jaw 🤦‍♀️


Nose contour done too
For blush, he went for the ELF Blush palette and chose the baby pink shade.


Also chose the right blusher brush, with my assistance.




Well, I must say the Blush was evenly applied onto the cheeks and they actually looked good.

For highlight, he chose the ELF highlight duo (can't remember the name) and he went for the lighter shade.




He applied the highlight directly onto my cheekbones but I thought he was quite conservative when he doing the highlight because at the end of the day, I can't really tell if there's highlight on my face.


For eyeshadows, I gave him many options to choose from, hoping he was gonna choose those easy eyeshadow quads but he chose the Maybelline Lemonade Craze instead.


First shade 


Tada, eyeshadows completed. What do you think of this eyelook that le hubby had created? I thought it was not too bad, I love that it was an overall warm tone look but I did think that the blending can be done much better and I thought it's a little too heavy.

Eyeliner was a total disaster oopps. The hubby chose the Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner and when I saw that, I thought it was a good choice because that was a "no failure" eyeliner for me.



See the jagged and uneven lines? 🙈

The eyeliner was not the worst because what you are about to see is a total disaster.

Chose my favourite Daiso Eyebrow pencil


But ended up drawing my brows so thick I thought it's double my original brow and the colour was uneven as well.

Lastly, to complete this pinkish warm tone look, hubby chose the L'Oréal lipstick in 647 Mirage.




And that's the completed makeup look!
I think the husband did a good job in colours matching and the colours complement each other. I think the base makeup was really good and the blusher was evenly applied too. The eyeshadows were a little heavy but still acceptable in my opinion. The contour was not my favourite but my least favourite was definitely the brows because they were really way too thick and dark. So what do you think of this look created by le hubby? 😂

And that's all I have for this post. I hope you had a good time reading this. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment