Followers

Monday 23 September 2019

Full Face Catrice Makeup & What's Worth Buying

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be doing a full face makeup with Catrice Cosmetics and actually I can't believe I am only doing this post now because Catrice is one of my all time favourite drugstore brand and I've been using her products for the longest time ever. In fact, some of the products that I'm gonna share later are my absolute holy grails and I cannot live without them. So if you are interested to see more, keep on reading!

I'm doing things slightly different today by starting with my eye makeup first instead because I am gonna try out a new eyeshadow palette so to avoid fall outs all over my face, I'll go with the eyeshadow first.

Before we apply the eyeshadow, it's important to prime your lids and I've got the Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base.


This eyeshadow base comes with a small doe foot applicator and it is slightly tinted which I like.



A little goes a long way for this eyeshadow base and just a tiny amount will help to even out the redness of my lids. It is slightly tacky which is good because it helps eyeshadow to "stick" on my lids, enabling them to last longer so I definitely will highly recommend this eyeshadow base to everyone who is reading this.

Moving on to the eyeshadow, honestly I am not a fan of Catrice eyeshadows thus far because most of the palettes that I own don't really perform well hence I didn't really have any high hope on the Blazing Bronze Collection eyeshadow palette which I recently purchased.


One major thing that I noticed after opening the packaging was that the entire palette only has got shimmer shades in it 🤦‍♀️which meant I would probably have a hard time doing a decent eye makeup with it. The shades in this palette are mostly warm tone neutrals with a little pink and purple which are usually my cup of tea.


The eyeshadows are quite pigmented and the colour payoff are not too bad. I didn't notice any fall outs while I was swatching them on my hand.

I also bought a few single shadows to try out the formula and luckily they didn't disappoint at all.


I really like the names of the eyeshadows, so punny and apt and the shade The Big Blue Theory is so stunning that I'm totally obsessed with it.

To start off the eye look, I went for shade 1 and applied to the crease.



To darken the shade, I added shade 2 to the crease.



Next up, for the all over the lid colour, I'm using the Catrice Eyeshadow Stix in Powerful Peach.




The colour payoff of the eyeshadows are not very impressive and I had to add on a few more layers to get the results I wanted.
Then I applied the single shadow in the shade The Big Blue Theory all over my lid and added the mixture of shade 3 and 4 from the eyeshadow palette to the crease to add a little dimension to it.




To finish off the upper eye lid, I used the Catrice It's Easy Black Liner to draw a thin eye liner close to the lash line. This eyeliner is very waterproof as well as smudge proof which is very good for people with oily lids. But it is also very hard to remove and I had an extremely hard time removing it at night, especially with my eyelash extension. It is nonetheles a very decent eye liner and I definitely will reach out for it again once my eyelashes extension is removed. As for the Blazing Bronze Collection Eye Shadow palette, I wasn't very impressed by it mainly because it only consists of shimmer shades so it's relatively hard to come out with a decent eye look. The colour payoff on the lids are not as great too so I would totally give this palette a miss. On the other hand, the single shadow in the shade The Big Blue Theory really surprised me with its good pigmentation and the colour is totally right up my alley. I think overall the single shadows perform much better than the palette in terms of colour pigmentation, longevity as well as the amount of fall-outs.

Completed upper eyelid look
For the complexion, I went in with the Catrice Cool & Matte primer stick first and applied it all over my face. Really love this primer stick because it is so cooling on my face and with Singapore's hot and humid weather, this is definitely a plus point. It is also easily absorbed and not tacky at all. The packaging is so tiny and easy to bring around which is to me another plus point. I also think that it is a primer that suits all skin types.



And because I have oily skin, I decided to go for a second primer just to focus on my t zone area, so that I can look shine free throughout the day.



The second primer of my choice is the Prime & Fine Keep Me Matte makeup base. It has a watery, lotion-like consistency instead of a siliconey texture that I was expecting since it's a pore refining primer which I didn't mind because it is definitely more light weight than I thought. This makeup base is also easily absorbed but I didn't notice the pore refining effect that it claims to have which is a bummer. I did notice that my skin stayed fresh and shine free through the day though, which is the most important aspect for me when it comes to choosing primer. So if you ask me, I would say this second primer suits normal to oily skin better as it does seem more drying than the first one.



For foundation, I'm using my favourite Catrice product and that is the All Matte Plus shine control makeup. I am in the shade 020 Nude Beige and this suits me perfectly. This foundation has a creamy consistency and it is very easy to blend.


The coverage of this foundation is medium to high and it is very buildable. I was able to cover 90% of my dark circles and blemishes with just half a pump. The longevity of this foundation is really good as well and I was able to stay shine free till the end of the day. It is not drying at all and the finish is more of a natural finish which I think will suit all skin types. In fact, I had recommended this foundation to my friends who have dry skin and they all love it too.




For concealers, I have 3 in my collection and the first one is the One Drop Coverage Weightless Concealer. I got mine in shade 003 Porcelain and I think it is slightly lighter than my original shade but I think it's okay because I can use it to brighten my under eye. This concealer has got high coverage and I like that it blends so easily and it doesn't set into my fine lines.




The second concealer is the Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer that claims to be able to last for 12 hours and is water proof. I got mine in the shade 005 Light Natural and I think it is the perfect match for my skin tone. This concealer has a very strong smell to it (in a pleasant way) but if you are very sensitive to smell then perhaps you wanna try avoiding this concealer. It has equally high coverage as compared to the first one and it blends very well too without any creasing. If I have to choose one between the two, I think i will go for the first one just because I think its coverage is maybe 5% higher than the latter one. Plus it doesn't come with a strong smell.




The last concealer is the HD Liquid Coverage Precision Concealer and the name suggests that this is the type of concealer you will reach out for if you want to cover specific spots. The ultra precise applicator can cover any ultra small imperfection and I like to use it to define my eye brows as well. I got mine in the shade 010 light beige and it is again a perfect match for my skin tone.


This precision concealer has got slightly lower coverage as compared to the other two but the coverage is buildable. All in all, I feel that these 3 concealers are really good and affordable and I will definitely recommend it to everyone.


For setting powder, my all time favourite has got to be the All Matt Plus Control Powder and this is probably my 100th one as I go through it so quickly. It literally keeps my face looking matte and shine free the whole day, even with the most dewy foundation. So when I saw the other Healthy Look Mattifying Powder, I was so keen to try it out and see if it's as good as the All Matt Plus.


In my opinion, they are definitely the same powder, equally finely milled, same mattifying effect but the healthy look one seems to darken my skin tone a little whereas the All Matt Plus one is more translucent. So for this, I would prefer All Matt Plus to the Healthy Look Mattifying Powder.





For contouring and bronzing, I am using the Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder as well as the Limited Edition Sculpting PowderPalette (not sure if it's still available). The contour from the palette is slightly lighter than the Sun Glow Bronzer so I would usually do my contouring with that first and then followed by the Sun Glow Bronzing powder to bronze up the face.


Personally, I don't really like the bronzing powder because I find it slightly hard to blend on the face but the colour is what I usually go for when choosing bronzer so I'm kinda sitting on the fence for this bronzing powder. It's really inexpensive so if you are new to contouring, perhaps you can try this out.




For blusher, I am trying the Catrice Blush Box in Soft Rose and it is a really soft and subtle rosey pink shade. The colour pigmentation is good and it is very buildable as well. The powder is very finely milled and it applies so smoothly on the skin. I am definitely very impressed with this Blush and I think it is worth getting all the shades available.




For highlight, I'm using the Artic Glow Highlighting Powder and peeps, you NEED to have this highlight in your life. The pigmentation is really good and the shimmer is out of the world. It is so beautiful on the face and you can literally see the glow from any angle.


If you are looking for a good drugstore highlight, look no further because this is one good one.



To finish my eye look, l am using the Catrice Made To Stay Highlighter Pen on my lower lash line. Really love this highlight pen because it is very shimmery and it stays on all day. I find it very convenient as well since it's in a form of a pen, I can bring it around if I need to boost my glow.




For the lips, I am going for the Velvet Matt Lip Pencil first to line my lips. Really love this lip pencil because it is very creamy and not drying and it stays on forever and ever.




For the main lip colour, I used the Melting Lip Colour in Creme Brulee and boy I love this lipstick so much. First the packaging is so classy in gold which I really like. The lipstick smells like chocolate which is so delicious and make me crave for chocolate every single time I apply the lipstick. And the lipstick is so creamy and not drying which is very suitable for my dry lips. If you have dry lips, highly recommend this Melting Lip Colour to you because it is very comfortable on the lips with a satin finish.

And my makeup is completed!


If you are new to Catrice, they are available in most of the Guardian outlets and they are really very affordable as compared to Maybelline and L'Oréal. What I do recommend to try out first is their All Matt Plus foundation because I think it's suitable for all skin types and it really lasts a decent amount of time. The concealers are really good as well, with very high coverage and they are very blendable. The Blush Box blusher is very finely milled and the colour payoff is really good so definitely highly recommending that too. Also if you are into very shimmery and glowy highlight, then the Artic Glow Highlight is one to check out too. Last but not least, the Melting Lip Colour lipstick is really creamy and comfortable on the lips and I love the satin finish that it gives.

And that's all I have for this post. I hope you have a good time reading it. Please follow me on my Instagram (id: jjingwenn) if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment