Followers

Monday 30 September 2019

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Mattifying Primer & Hydrating Longwear Foundation First Impression + Wear Test

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be doing a first impression and wear test on the new Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation that she recently released. I have oily skin so I would usually prefer a matte foundation but today I'm gonna try out this hydrating foundation and see if it suits oily skin as well. On top of that, I'll be using it with the mattifying primer on one side of the face and see if it's worth buying. If you are curious to see the results, keep on reading!


So to prep the skin for foundation, I'm using the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Mattifying Primer on the left side of my face. It claims to be the next level mattifying primer for combination to oily skin that works instantly to deliver maximum all day shine control while improving and extending foundation wear.


The primer has a lightweight, almost gel-like texture and it absorbs easily into the skin. It has the Fenty smell, if you know what I mean and I like the smell. It is not tinted so it melts into nothing but my own skin colour and it feels so smooth on the skin. And a little goes a very long way for this primer, all you need is a small pump for the entire face. This is little bottle is retailing at $48 in Sephora and I'll compare it with my recent Catrice purchase Keep Me Matt primer and see if it does the same job.


So on the right side of my face, I am gonna use the Catrice Keep Me Matt primer and see how the two primers fare after a whole day. Do keep reading to see the wear test results at the end of the blog. Next let's move on to the star of the post, the new Hydrating Longwear Foundation.


The new Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation claims to be the first of its kind hydrating longwear foundation that delivers it all, with comfortable medium to full coverage. It has a serious staying power and a natural finish that comes in 50 different shades. It is created with Grape Seed Oil and Sodium Hyaluronate to give skin the nourishing hydration it needs to stay comfortable all day.


I got mine in shade 200 and I think it's a perfect match for my skin tone. The packaging is really cute and it comes in a tube with a pump which is very convenient. It has a watery consistency and blends so well. I like that it is not drying and yet it is not overly dewy like I thought it would be.


With just a tiny pump, I was able to conceal at least 80% of my dark circles so I would definitely agree that this foundation has a medium to full coverage that is buildable.
It is not tacky at all so I didn't even have to set it down with a powder. I like that it feels so smooth on the skin and it has the natural finish that I am into. So I got to say, I have got a pretty good first impression of this foundation and I can't wait to see how my makeup will look after a full day.


The side with Catrice Keep Me Matt Primer

The side with Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Mattifying Primer 
After a good twelve hours, my makeup looked exactly the same like how it was twelve hours ago except for the nose which looked a little shiny and the makeup seemed to have worn off a little around the nose but I had a little runny nose and was rubbing my nose so I guessed that was why the makeup didn't quite last there. Overall, the makeup stayed on very well with no extra shine and my face felt really hydrated the whole day and I definitely did not notice any difference between the Pro Filt'r Mattifying Primer and the Catrice Keep Me Matt Primer. I think both of them serve the same purpose and do their job pretty well. And if I have to choose, I think I can survive with just the Catrice one because it is much more affordable.

Overall I really like the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation, which is to my surprise since I have oily skin but it does not make my face look greasy or over hydrated at all even after 12 hours. I like the natural finish and the coverage that it offers. This is definitely a good foundation for all skin types and I highly recommend it. As for the primer, you can give it a miss because there're better ones out there with cheaper price tags.

So that's all I have for this post. I hope you find it useful. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment