Followers

Thursday 12 September 2019

Full Face Etude House Makeup & What's Worth Buying

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

So for today's post, I'll be doing a full face makeup with all Etude House products and I'll share which products I think are worth purchasing. If you are curious to find out more, keep on reading!

To prep my face, I first applied the UV Double Cut Moisture Tone Up Sun Fluid with SPF48 PA +++.

Full size product

Mini size free gift set




This sunscreen lotion is quite watery and it is slightly tinted, thus brightening the skin a little after applying.


I personally don't really like this sunscreen because I think it is slightly too moisturising for me. I feel that it is too "heavy" on my skin and it is also quite stick. If you have very dry and dull skin, this is probably a very good sunscreen for you but if you have combination oily skin like me, I think you might want to give this a miss.

So after sunblock, we have to apply primer and what I have is the Etude House Face Blur which I believe is a classic Etude House product because many people love it. It claims to be able to smooth your skin, minimise your pores as well as toning up the skin colour. It also has SPF 33 PA ++ but I don't think that this is sufficient so I definitely don't recommend skipping the sunblock step.

Love that it comes with a pump 


This Face Blur has a rather similar consistency as the previous UV Double Cut Moisture Tone Up Sun Fluid. The only difference is that this has a pinkish undertone and it more lightweight as compared to the sunscreen.


For this Face Blur, I can't decide if I like it or not. Firstly, I gotta say it does minimise pores and sort of gives the blurring effect. My face does feel smoother after applying but it is also very tacky which I really dislike. It does not really tone up my skin as per what it claims which is why I am sitting on the fence because I honestly can't decide if I like it enough to want to recommend it to you guys. It is not a lousy primer but I feel that I have better drugstore primer in my collection and I really don't think I will ever reach out for this Face Blur unless I have a sudden dry skin condition, which is very unlikely.

For foundation, I am going for my all time favourite Etude House Double Lasting Foundation and this is in my opinion, one of  the best Etude House Makeup product ever. If there is only one thing you can get from this brand, go for this foundation.



I have gone through countless bottles of this Double Lasting Foundation because I really like the natural finish it gives and this foundation can really last whole day without any cakeyness or greasiness.



My usual shade for this foundation is Neutral Vanilla and I like that it brightens up my skin tone and because it is of a neutral undertone, it does not emphasise or add on the yellow-ness of my Asian skin. The consistency of this foundation is kinda watery thus making it very easy to apply and blend.


The foundation has a buildable, medium coverage and a single pump is usually all I need for a full face coverage. The only complaint I have for this Double Lasting Foundation is that it is a little tacky so you definitely need to set it with a powder but this doesn't bother me at all because I usually will set my face anyway so highly recommend this foundation if you haven't given it a try yet.

Next up we have the concealer and honestly speaking, I am not a fan of Etude House concealer at all. The one that I am using in this post is the Big Cover Concealer Pro Pot and I really don't fancy it.




I got mine in the shade Vanilla and I believe this is the lightest shade (I think?). This concealer is really very drying and I always have difficulty trying to blend it out especially on my undereye area.


The coverage is quite decent to be frank and a little goes a long way for this concealer. I have no problem using this concealer to cover up my acne scars but for my dark circles, I prefer to go for a concealer that is not too drying. So if you are someone who wants a concealer that is able to apply well on your entire face, then i would suggest to give this one a miss.

To set my makeup base, I am going for the Etude House Play 101 Setting Powder in #5 sebum control powder.




The powder itself is really good especially for oily skin like mine and it instantly mattifies your face, smoothing the texture at the same time. It also does not give off any flashback which is good. However, I really hate the packaging of this setting powder. First, I think the brush that it comes together with is not too bad, hair is quite fine and does not prick my skin but the powder takes forever and ever to come out. You literally have to hold it vertically downward facing to get the powder out but who applies setting powder like that, unless you are lying down flat. I have to shake it many times to get a little product out and I always end up creating a mess with powder everywhere on my clothes. If only Etude House can come out with a better packaging for this powder, like in a pot or something and I think it will be my holy grail powder. But the current packaging is all but a gimmick in my opinion.

Next let's go into blusher and I've got here the Lovely Cookie Blusher and I loveeee these blushers a lot. First I think they are really very affordable for the quality and quantity. Each blusher also comes with a very soft, fluffy brush that feels so comfortable on the skin. It kinda reminds me of the brush that comes together with the Jill Stuart Blusher but obviously the latter cost 10 times more expensive.



I currently own 2 shades for this collection, the Apricot Peach Mousse which is a very sweet looking pinkish tone and the Lavender Chiffon Cake which is a purple shade with glitters in it. I usually like to apply the Apricot shade all over my cheeks and then focusing the Lavender shade on top of my cheekbones to increase the intensity just a little.


For the brows, I am using the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow in a medium brown shade.




Absolutely love that it comes with a spoolie because spoolie is my best friend when it comes to applying brow product.


When I first swatched this brow pencil on my hand, I thought I was gonna hate it because it felt so rough and hard to apply on my hand and the pencil is so hard that I had to use a bit more strength to get the product out. But surprisingly when I used it directly on my brows, it glided so smoothly and the colour came out so easily that I had to apply it lightly instead. I actually find myself loving this brow pencil in the end! 👍


Next up is another holy grail Etude House product of mine and it is the Proof 10 Eye Primer.





First I think the packaging is really cute and I like that it comes with a very small doe foot applicator that fits nicely on my lids. The eye primer is slightly tinted which I like because it is able to even up the tone of my lids, acting as an eyeshadow base so that my eyeshadows will show up clearly. It is also slightly tacky which is good because you really want the eyeshadow to stick your lids throughout the entire day. Highly recommend this eye primer if you haven't already tried it out yourself.

For eyeshadows, I am a huge fan of Etude House Eyeshadows and I think most of their eyeshadow products are really good and affordable. I really love their Play Colour Eyes collection as well as their Blend For Eyes collection which I did an eyeshadow tutorial with one of the eyeshadow quad previously. So today I am gonna share with you guys their single eyeshadows from the Look at My Eyes collection that I also have been loving.



Some of the shades that I have been loving are the ones in the picture above and I love how pigmented these single eyeshadows are. Some of these shades like OR203 looks good on its own as well so on days that I am feeling lazy, I'll just go for this kinda shade, apply a single layer and I'm ready to head out. If you are new to Etude House eyeshadows, I highly recommend you to these single shadows first since they are really affordable and the quality is good.

For eyeliner, I always go for the Play 101 Pencil and I love that they have a wide range of colours for you to choose. They are smudge proof and waterproof and most importantly they glide on my waterline smoothly, making it easy and effortless to apply.


But for this post, I'm gonna use my new found favourite eyeliner instead and it is the Proof 10 Gel Pencil Liner which is also smudge proof and waterproof.




The formula and texture of this Proof 10 eyeliner is a lot similar to the Play 101 eyeliner but I do think that this Proof 10 glides on my waterline even more smoothly and the colour pigmentation is also slightly better. So depending on the shades that you prefer, I think both eyeliners are equally good and they are both very affordable.

For mascara, I'll not be using it in this post since I've got my eyelash extension done. But I do have a holy grail mascara to recommend and I actually prefer this mascara to any of my other mascaras in my collection. And it is the Etude House Curl Fix Mascara.



I love how this mascara is able to make my lashes curl even without any curler and it does have lengthening effect. It is also not clumpy which also means that it is not that volumnising but I don't really mind that because I prefer a natural looking set of lashes. The only complaint I have for this Curl Fix Masacara is that it is really really very hard to remove. I have to use the Heroine Make mascara remover to thoroughly remove it otherwise it will stay on forever.

Last but not least, to finish the makeup look, we need the lip product. The one that I'm using in this post is the Dear My Blooming Lips Talk Chiffon and I don't recommend this lipstick. It is very drying for my lips and it emphasises the lines as well.


The packaging is really cute and girly though so it actually looks pretty nice on my vanity.


The shade of the lipstick is all in Korean so I am unable to share what shade I have but anyway I don't recommend getting this at all so don't worry you are not missing out on anything.

And that's all I have for this Full Face Etude House Makeup post. To recap, what I really like from Etude House and highly recommending you to try out are the Double Lasting Foundation, Drawing Eye Brow Pencil, Proof 10 Eye Primer as well as eyeliner and also their eyeshadows. I think Etude House Makeup products are pretty good and affordable and I always look forward to trying their new products. Anyway I hope you have enjoyed reading this post, please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment