Followers

Wednesday 4 September 2019

L'Oréal Infallible First Impression

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be doing a first impression on some products from the L'oreal Infallible line. If you have been following my blog, you should already know that one of my holy grail drugstore foundation is the Infallible Pro Matte Foundation by L'Oréal and I really cannot stop raving about it. So recently L'Oréal launched the new Infallible Full Wear concealer and I was so excited to try it out so I decided to get a few more Infallible products and see if I like them all. If you are interested to find out more, keep on reading!

So first on my list is definitely the Infallible Full Wear concealer which I was dying to try out. This new concealer from L'Oréal claims to be their highest coverage formula ever and it gives a flawless matte, yet natural finish for all day wear. It is also waterproof, non-greasy, does not transfer or flake and it is retailing at $21.90 in all drugstores.



First and foremost, I really like the packaging because it looks so simple and cute. Major love for the huge ass doe foot applicator as it reminds me a little of the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer that was everyone's holy grail for a long time. In fact, I think that this L'Oréal Infallible Full Wear Concealer is a perfect dupe for the Tarte Shape Tape concealer.



I got mine in shade 305 Ivory which is a perfect match for my skin tone. I love how the doe foot applicator is able to pick up the product easily and one stroke is all you need for a good amount of product.


A little goes a very long way for this Full Wear Concealer. It really does have a very high coverage and it is so blendable. It brightens up my under eye area instantly and it does not set into my fine lines at all. I honestly cannot find any flaws about this concealer and I think it is gonna be my holy grail from now on.

Next I got the Infallible 24Hr Powder Foundation because I wanted to see if I will like it more than the Maybelline Fit Me Powder Foundation. I also don't see much people talking about this L'Oréal one so I was really curious about it. L'Oréal claims that this powder foundation can provide the ultimate hold with a non drying texture for the most flawless skin finish. It also has a high coverage, comparable to a liquid foundation for 24hrs of flawless wear and shine control. Sounds good for people with oily skin like me right.




As usual, let's talk about the packaging first. I think it is really compact and light so you definitely can bring it around for touch ups. It comes with the powder foundation itself, as well as a mirror and a sponge. But by the way, the sponge sucks in my opinion and I rather apply the foundation with my own brush.


I got my foundation in the shade 160 Sand Beige and I believe there are only a total of 2 shades available in Singapore which kinda sucks because it is very hard to find a good match and the shade that I got is a little too dark for me.


Honestly, I can't tell much difference before and after applying the powder foundation. My skin felt smoother after applying but it did not seem to provide much coverage in my opinion as I could still see the pores on my face rather clearly. And it did look a little heavy even though I did not apply a lot. I could actually see the powder sitting on my face, especially the area around the nose. If I have to be completely honest, I wasn't very impressed with this Infallible 24hr powder foundation and I think the Maybelline Fit Me Powder Foundation is much better. So yupp don't waste your money and time on this.

Next up is the Infallible Pro Contour Palette which I was very excited to try out as well because when I was reading the introduction of this product on the L'Oréal websit, it claims that one can simply complete the contour and highlight in just one stroke using its specially designed sculpting brush. I was really intrigued by this claim and I wanted to find out if it is just a gimmick. Guess what, it really is just a gimmick, at least in my opinion.




The brush really does fit my cheekbone perfectly because of its shape But the quality of the brush itself is bad. Like really bad. I was really shocked to be honest because I've never ever used a brush this lousy before.



I was wondering why I can't seem to pick up any product even after going through a few times and then I realised that all the brush did is scraping off the powder from the palette. Just take a look at the hot mess it created in the photos above. All the falls out on the palette was created by the brush. Even the hair of the brush looked so rough and messy in my opinion. No offense if this is your favourite brush, because I probably got a defected one but to me this brush is worthless and I threw it away almost immediately. The contour palette itself is not too bad, not my favourite but passable. I got mine in shade light and it is honestly too light for my skin tone.


The powder is very finely milled and I like that it is very buildable. The contour itself has got a cool, greyish undertone which is perfect for nose contouring in my opinion.


Here I was able to create a natural looking nose contour with the palette itself. The highlight is very natural, definitely not the Fenty Beauty kinda sheen (if you get what I mean). It is more like the natural, everyday highlight which you can even use it on your whole face for a natural healthy looking glow. This palette is retailing at $24.90 which is rather expensive in my opinion since I can only use it as a nose contour. It does come in 2 other shades, medium and dark but I don't see myself getting another shade mainly because the brush that it comes with is horrible. If you are looking for a good nose contour, this is quite a good one.

For the eyes, I got the Infallible Paint 2 Step Eyeshadow, a creamy eye shadow paint that delivers high impact colour, and offers all day wear.
L'oreal Paris Infallible Paints Eye Shadow lets you layer and customise colours with long wear liquid eye shadow cream duos. It can be worn alone or blended with other shades or so it claims.



I got mine in the shade cool ivory and when I swatched the eyeshadows on my hand, I was actually loving it for the texture was so creamy and the pigmentation was actually quite good. But when I applied it to the eyes, I was quite disappointed with the formula.

Looked like I just appied chalk on my lids 
The eyeshadows dried up really quickly and they were quite hard to blend. On top of that, the eyeshadows were really glittery and chalky and they couldn't blend well together. The eyeshadow still looks on its own so just don't try to wear them together. I got this from Shopee for less than 10 bucks which was really cheap so I guess you can't really ask for a high end quality.

For the lips, I got the Infallible Pro Matte Gloss which is L'Oréal first velvet soft-matte liquid lipstick with intense high pigmentation to create lasting matte color. It claims that with it's lush velvety texture, the lipsticks will make your lips feels soft for all day comfort. With the 3D applicator, you will also have easy control to shape and add dimensions to your lips.


I got mine in the shade Bare Attraction and it's a very beautiful rose shade.



The lipstick has got a very sweet scent to it which is very pleasant in my opinion. Application was easy and one dip of the wand was all I need for a full coverage. It has a creamy consistency and it does not appear glossy or shiny on the lips. Most importantly, it is not drying on the lips at all which is always my main consideration when it comes to lipstick. It is not transfer proof so you got to bring it out for touch ups but all in all I really love this lipstick a lot and I'm very keen to get it in more shades. They are retailing at $19.90 each, also in all drugstores.

Last but not least, to set the whole makeup look, I got the Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray.


This setting spray is said to be able to keep makeup fresh hours after application – no melting, fading or touch-ups necessary. It is lightweight with a very fine mist and the smell of this setting spray reminds me so much of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray that I've been loving. It does make my makeup last a full day and so far I think i am loving this setting spray. I even think that this could be a drugstore dupe for the Urban Decay one and this L'Oréal one is so much more affordable which is retailing at $23.90.

And that's all I have for this Infallible post. My top favourites are definitely the new Full Wear concealer as well as the Pro Matte Gloss and I think that the quality of these products are really top notch and super worth buying. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Please follow me if you have not already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment