Followers

Wednesday 18 September 2019

Trying The Stamp It Wing Eyeliner Craze - Is It A Gimmick?

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

So in today's post, I will be trying the latest Stamp It Wing Eyeliner Craze because I've seen it all over social media these days and I was really intrigued by the convenience of it. If you are interested to see how this works, keep on reading!


While I was scrolling through Zalora, the Australis Stamp It! Double Ended Eyeliner & Winged Stamp caught my eye because the retail price ($16.90) is considerably cheap as compared to the other brand like The  Feisty Chick that is so popular on social media these days. Zalora was also having a 20% storewide sale on beauty products so I ended up carting this stamped liner out to give it a try.

This Australis double ended Eyeliner
features a stamp on one end and a felt tip liner on the other.






The Eyeliner claims to offer a long lasting, smudge and waterproof formula that delivers an intense black finish.

When I was swatching the eyeliner on my hand, to be honest, I was very turn off by the thickness of the stamp as well as the felt tip. There is no way to make the liner thin (like my usual style) but I guess that's the purpose of doing a winged look because you want your eye makeup to be as dramatic as possible. It is however what it claims to be, intense black, smudge proof and waterproof. I had it on for a good 10 hours and there was totally no smudging or any unsightly movement of the eyeliner at all and I think this is definitely a plus point because for people with very oily lids like me, you can put this on safely without worrying that you will look like a panda through the day. I had quite a hard time drawing the line though as it didn't glide smoothly on the lids and the line looked choppy and uneven at first. So because of this, I don't think I will reach for the felt tip eyeliner anymore.

So question is, do I think that this is worth buying or is it just a gimmick? Well in my most honest opinion, I think you don't really need this in your life. Because it is not as easy to use as it seems to be. In order to perfect the wing, you gotta make sure you stamp both sides at the same position and angle and that's not an easy task. Practice and patience make perfect but if you are in a hurry, then don't bother using this. For the time I spent trying to perfect both wings, I could have already drawn it with my usual eyeliners. Ps. Let me know if you are keen to see a tutorial on drawing wing liners 😉


And that's all I have for this post! I hope you've enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment