Followers

Thursday 5 September 2019

Shu Uemura Petal Skin Fluid Foundation vs Unlimited Foundation

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

So in today's post, I'll be doing a side by side foundation comparison and the foundations that I'm gonna compare are the Shu Uemura Petal Skin Foundation and Unlimited Foundation. The Petal Skin has been one of my holy grail foundation for awhile now and Shu Uemura recently came out with the new Unlimited foundation and I had read and heard many good reviews about it so I was really excited to try it out. If you are keen to see how I feel about the two foundations, like which is better and more suitable for oily/combination skin, keep on reading!


Let's start by comparing the packaging first shall we. Got to say, I love both of their packaging all the same and I think black and white looks super minimalist and chic. The sizes of the glass bottles are very appropriate and travel friendly and I love that they both come with a pump. The white cover of the Petal Skin Foundation however does get dirty very easily but that's pretty much the only complaint I have for this foundation.

The Shu Uemura Petal Skin Fluid Foundation claims to produce an effortlessly transparent finish as well as supremely soft radiant skin that looks in full bloom. It is inspired by the beauty of petals, with an unique and innovative combination of semi glow and semi matte foundation characteristics in one beautiful formula. This foundation contains mineral fine-pigments that accomplish poreless coverage with high skin affinity, as well as deepsea water, which quenches the skin for instant hydration, optimizing the look of healthy skin and natural transparency. With uv protection and 11 shades to choose from, Petal Skin Fluid foundation achieves the delicate and natural transparency of petals by bringing together poreless coverage and soft radiance in one even and thin layer.

On the other hand, the Shu Uemura Unlimited Foundation  is a long wear liquid foundation with a semi-matte finish and an ultra-light formula that allows skin to breathe, even in humid conditions. Unlimited Breathable lasting foundation evaporates into an ultra-thin layer that is half the thickness of standard foundations. This long wear foundation with SPF24 pa++ has an unique stretchable texture that holds pigments in place and sponge-like powders that absorb sebum and sweat for a fresh look all day long, under any condition. Using japanese precision, shu uemura’s makeup artists studied and identified the diversity of asian skin tones to develop tailor-made shades. This foundation for asian skin is available in a wide range of precise shades to enhance each individual’s ideal complexion.

I got the two foundations in the exact same shade, 574 light sand and here's the swatch of the colours on my hand.


The Petal Skin Foundation seems to have a cooler undertone whereas the Unlimited Foundation has a warmer undertone. I prefer foundation with a cooler undertone because as Asian, we already have yellowish skin so I prefer colour that does not emphasise on the yellow tone. Also, looking at the texture, the Unlimited Foundation definitely has a watery consistency as compared to the Petal Skin Fluid Foundation which has a creamier consistency. If I have to be completely honest, I actually prefer the Petal Skin Fluid Foundation in terms of its shade and consistency to the Unlimited Foundation.

Unlimited Foundation on this side of the face

Petal Skin Fluid Foundation on this side

Side by side comparison 

When I applied the foundations directly to the face, the Petal Skin Fluid Foundation side is slightly brighter than the Unlimited side. In terms of coverage, I think they both have the same medium coverage as you can tell that my dark circles were only 50% covered. As for the finish, Petal Skin Fluid Foundation has a semi matte yet very natural finish that almost feels like second skin to me. It is not tacky at all as well whereas the Unlimited one is a little tackier and it dried up quicker than the Petal Skin one, making it slightly harder to blend.





Putting the two foundations to a 10 hours wear test, i think both the foundations have pretty good lasting power. The Unlimited Foundation looked slightly shinier than before, especially around the nose area, making my skin looked dewier and I actually quite like it. The Petal Skin Fluid Foundation looked just like when I first applied it with the semi matte finish (which is why this is one of my holy grail foundation).

All in all, I think the two foundations pretty much give the same finish, with the Unlimited Foundation looking slightly dewier throughout the day. I feel that the Unlimited Foundation suits most skin types whereas the Petal Fluid Foundation probably suits Normal to Oily Skin better. For me, I think i will still go for the Petal Skin Fluid Foundation because I really like to keep my face looking matte all day. The Unlimited one is retailing at $72 whereas the Petal Fluid is retailing at $68 but you do get lesser product, if i am not mistaken. If you have been contemplating whether to get it this 2 foundations or not, now is the time for you to splurge on them since Sephora is having their 20% sale now.

So that's all I have for this post. I hope you have enjoyed reading it. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment