Followers

Saturday 9 June 2018

How I Style: Hari Raya Special

Hey everyone, welcome back!

In today's post, I'll be doing another Hari Raya Special and this time it's a 'How I Style' post.

I have always wanted to dress myself in Kebayas or Baju Kurongs during Racial Harmony Day when I was a kid so in this article, I'll be sharing 3 traditonal yet hipster-looking outfits that everyone can try wearing this festive season!

The first outfit is this printed flared hi-low kebaya set from Lubna. I personally love how it deviates from the traditional kebaya due to its floral prints and hi-low cut. I got the entire set in international size M but I feel it's a little oversized for me as I am usually a Uk 6-8. If you are also around the same size as me, my suggestion is to get a size S instead. I matched this outfit with a gold coloured wedge for a formal and elegant look, but if you prefer to be more casual looking, try putting on a pair of white sneakers and it would definitely look good too.




The second outfit is also one from Lubna and it is the double peplum kurung set. I really adore the double peplum detail at the top, and that was also the main reason why I purchased it. I also got this set in size M and honestly, the top is just too big for me but the skirt fits quite well. However, that's only because I have a bigger bottom than a usual UK 6/8. This set also comes in dusty pink so if you are not feeling adventurous like me to take on a mustard colour, you can go for the pink one, which I think looks great too. I also paired this set with the same golden wedge but it would look good with black kitten heels too. I would not suggest wearing it with flats as the skirt may be a little too long. I am 163cm tall and I had to wear heels just so that the skirt would not touch the ground.



My last outfit, which is also my personal favourite of this post, is a mix and match of a maroon lace top from Zalia and a navy maxi skirt from Uniqlo. Red and blue can never go wrong together and that's how I felt about this outfit. I really love the sleeve details of the top that shows a bit of the inner lining, which creates depth to it. Also, the knee high slit of the maxi skirt made this outfit somewhat different from the first two. As this is a more casual outfit, it will be more fun to match it with a pair of sneakers.



To complete these looks, I have done an earth-toned smokey eye look with the Toofaced Chocolate Bar palette.


First, I applied the Salted Caramel shade over my lids as the base colour, followed by the Milk Chocolate shade. Then I proceeded to add the Glided Ganache shade in the crease and blended it well with the first two colours. I then smudged the Triple Fudge shade close to my lash line for that smokey effect and finished it off with the Creme Brulee shade in the centre. Also, I used the the White Chocolate shade in the bar as my browbone highlight.


So that completes this post! I hope you have enjoyed reading it, as usual, and I will see you in my next post, xoxo!



No comments:

Post a Comment