Followers

Thursday 27 June 2019

Sephora Mid-Year Sale Haul

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

Today I have yet another haul to share with you guys and that's the Sephora mid year sale haul! I had previously missed the Sephora member sale in April as I was out of town so when I saw the advertisement that Sephora is having a mid-year sale, I knew I had to check it out. If you are interested to see what I've gotten from this sale, keep on scrolling!

1) Boscia Luminizing Pink Mask

I will start the ball rolling with the skincare products that I bought and the first item was this Boscia Luminizing Pink Mask. Not gonna lie, the main reason I bought it was because it's in pink. When I saw this on the sale rack, I was like "oh this is so cute i need to have it!" and so I put in my basket without hesitation. I have also always been a fan of the Boscia Charcoal Pore Minimising Bio-Cellulose Mask and so I was really excited to try their peel-off mask too.


Original rtp was $50 but it's now on 50% off! 
I had tried it once so far and I didn't really know how I felt about this product. You've got to apply a really thick layer in order for you to peel it off smoothly when it dries up.  My skin definitely felt smoother after peeling off the mask but I didn't notice the pore minimising effect that it said would have.


I have seen some reviews that people really teared quite badly when applying this mask but this didn't happen to me so I guess if you have really sensitive eyes, you may want to avoid this product.


The peeling was relatively easy and painless on the parts where I really applied a thick even layer but on the parts where I didn't apply as much, e.g. my forehead, the peeling was hard and painful. Overall, if this product wasn't on sale, I probably would not be buying because of its hefty price tag. I believe there are way better and affordable peel off masks out there in the market as compared to this.

2) Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser For Sensitive Skin

Next item was also something I picked up from the sales rack and that's the Burt's Bees Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin with cotton extract.

Original rtp was $32 and it's also on 50% off
Cotton extract is said to be a natural ingredient that can aid in minimising the adverse effect of harsh soaps and cleansers and I thought this sounded good for pregnant lady (another excuse to shop). It is also fragrance free and non comedogenic which means it will not clog my pores.  Everything sounds good right? But when I tried it for the first time, I knew that was going to be the last tine I will be using it. The smell was so bad. It smelt like wax, felt like putting wax on my face, the feeling was just super horrible. I felt like my face wasn't even washed that I had to wash a second time with my Senka Perfect Whip Facial wash. And the regular price for this facial cleanser is $32?! Seriously Burt's Bees, what's going on? Major disappointment with this product and I felt like I could have bought 4 of my Senka Perfect Whip instead. If this happened to be your favourite facial wash, I am sorry I didn't like it but everyone has their own preference right haha.

3) Becca Skin Love Weightless Blur Foundation

Moving on to makeup products, I will start with the foundations I bought. The first one I got was this Becca Skin Love Weightless Blur Foundation in shade Porcelain. On the website, this was said to be a buildable foundation for soft, matte skin and this id typically what I look for when it comes to choosing foundation for my combination to oily skin type. I am also into foundation that can help to blur my imperfections and my pores and this foundation claims to be able to do so with its light-as-air formula.




So let's talk about the packaging first, I love that it comes in a tube and to my surprise, a pump which is amazing as I thought I would have to squeeze the tube to get the product. A very travel friendly foundation, also of a right size to throw into your carry-on baggage in my opinion.

The foundation is of a creamy consistency and as you can see, I got a shade too light for my skin tone. I usually get Porcelain for most of the brands out there so I think you probably need to get one shade darker for this foundation to achieve the perfect match for your skin tone.

Applied the Becca foundation on the right side of my face. 
First impression of this Becca Skin Love Weightless Blur Foundation is that it is really light weight, like I dont feel like I'm actually applying anything on my face. It's also not tacky at all so I can totally skip the setting powder for this foundation. I would say that it has a medium coverage as you can see from the photo above, my dark circle is 70% covered, as compared to the other side of my bare face. It is also very buildable and I love the sweet scent of the foundation. Overall I think this is definitely a good buy, especially when it is on a 40% discount off its original rtp at
$68 so I paid $40.80 for this foundation. A good deal indeed.

4) Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Foundation

The second foundation that I got from this mid-year-sale was this Marc Jacobs Beauty Shameless Foundation in shade light Y270. I love the name of this foundation, like I could go ahead and show off my face shamelessly with this. So on the Sephora website, it is said to be a buildable foundation that can last up to 24hrs wear and most importantly it is flashback-free with its first-to-market SPF technology. Sounds gimmicky but I was really curious to try it out.




I think the packaging looks cute in this flat and short plastic bottle. It doesn't with a pump though which is a bummer. The Shameless foundation has a watery consistency and the smell reminds me of the Banana Boat Sunblock which I don't personally like. The foundation dried up really quickly so I would suggest that you pump it directly on your beauty blender and apply it to your face directly. I think this foundation also works well without setting powder because it is not tacky as well. Also a medium coverage for me but I did notice that my pores were still quite visible after applying a second layer.


Did a flash test here and okay indeed no flashback.
A little goes a long way for this foundation so I guess it will take awhile to finish this 32ml foundation. It is currently on a 40% off its usual price at $74 so if you're looking indulge in a high-end foundation, now is the time to go for it.

5) Too Faced Sun Bunny Duo Tone Bronzer

Next I got the bronzer that I had been eyeing for a while from Too Faced and that is the Sun Bunny Duo Tone Bronzer. It is said to have a subtle pink undertone which resembles a real soft tan so I was really keen to try it.



I feel that Too Faced always ace in their product packaging, just like this bronzer. Totally love the golden rim that makes it looks so classy and also the big mirror in it.


Colour pigmentation is so good and I love that it has a little golden shimmer to it. I also think that the darker shade makes a good eyeshadow too.
The lighter shade on the other hand is an amazing contour/bronzer for my skin tone.


Okay so this bronzer duo from Too Faced is on a 40% discount right now and I got it for $26.40.

6) Jill Stuart Loose Blush

Next was an impulsive purchase because of the packaging. Who else agree with me that Jill Stuart has the prettiest packaging ever? Whenever I stepped into Sephora at Ion, I'll always stop at Jill Stuart shelf and just stare at the packaging. So pretty. So when I saw that their loose blush is on sale, I just had to get it. I got mine in shade 02 Fluffy Flower.

So well wrapped 

Just look at this gorgeous packaging 😍

And it came with a cute puff stick for application 
100 points for the packaging and I think it will look so cute on my vanity desk.

Fluffy flower is a nice everyday pinky shade and I didn't think the camera does  any justice to it in my swatch.


It's not showing in the picture but the blusher gave me a natural healthy looking glow look. It also has a faint floral scent which I absolutely love. In fact, I may get the other shades as well! So this amazing blusher is on 50% off now and it is going at $27 only! What're you waiting for!

7) Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Sun Dipped

So the next item I got was the highlighting palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills in the shade Sun Dipped. I saw on the website that this will cast an instant intense glow which is what I love.



Honestly I was kinda disappointed that it didn't come with a mirror =( The packaging is simple and flimsy. Definitely not the best packaging in the market. I mean, for something that costs $70, I was expecting a better packaging than this. I got it at 50% off so not too bad. The colour pay off is really good too just like her Modern Renaissance eyeshadow palette which I also own.


I can see myself using the shade "Summer" quite often as it is the kind of golden shimmer that I like. I think the shade "Moonstone" is equally gorgeous with that pinkish undertone. The other 2 shades "bronzed" and "tourmaline" are a tad too dark for me but they are also very pigmented and I think girls with darker skin tones will look fantastic in it.

8) Huda Beauty Double Ended Liquid Eyeshadow

So the second last item that I got was this Huda Beauty Double Ended Liquid Eyeshadow in the shade Dusty Pink. Main reason I got it was because it was on sale lol. 50% off to be exact, so why not? It comes with a matte eyeshadow on one end and a shimmer eyeshadow on the other end. I read some reviews on the Sephora site and everyone was raving about how lasting these eyeshadows are, how creamy the matte one is, and how easy it is to apply with just your finger tip. I was intrigued so here I am with one of it.


I actually do like the packaging, very simple yet sturdy because it's made of acrylic.


And OMG, the eyeshadows are so creamy and intense. The colour pay off is 💯. The matte is called "Bubble Bath" and is a matte dusty pink which I feel is an everyday colour to wear. The metallic shade is called "Pink Champagne" and I feel that it is a mixture of pink and burnt orange with shimmer which in my opinion is a very nice unique colour that can go well alone. I did notice that the metallic colour dried down slower than the matte shade but they do dry down completely eventually. I truly love this Huda Beauty Double Ended Liquid Eyeshadow and I may ended up getting more shades.

9) Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palette

The last item of the day is the mini eyeshadow palette from Smashbox called the Cover Shot Eye Palette and got it in the shade Major Metals. It was also on 50% off so I got it for $21.



The packaging is so cool with the 3D effect. 100 points for that, Smashbox!
It is also very thoughtful of them to put in 2 bigger base shades so that we won't run out of base shades before finishing the other high-impact shades.

Let's see some swatches.


The colour pay off is so amazing! I love all the colours here especially the gold shade and the fuchsia shade. The shadows are well pressed and I didn't experience any fall out while swatching. If there is only one eyeshadow palette that you can get from this sale, then I highly recommend you to get this. $21 for 8 amazingly shadows? Worth it!

So that's all I have for this post. Do check out Sephora's Mid Year Sale if you haven't already done so. The sale is ongoing now till 3rd July so you still have the weekend to do some shopping. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and till the next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment