Followers

Friday 21 June 2019

One Brand Full Face Makeup - E.L.F.

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

For today's post, I'll be doing a full face makeup using E.L.F products. Some of the items here are newly purchased and today will be the first time I'm testing them out so I'm really excited about it and if you are excited like me and keen to find out more, keep on scrolling!


So for the primer, I was using the Blemish Control Primer with salicylic acid, which is well-known for its anti-acne benefit.



I thought it's green in colour 😂
So when I first applied it on my skin, it almost had a cooling effect but after few seconds, all I felt was the stickiness which I don't really like. Well my makeup did last a whole day so perhaps the primer did help a little. Definitely need to test it out with other foundations as well. As for my first impression, I am giving it a 6/10.

For those of you who have really dry undereye, I highly recommend the Hydrating Under Eye Primer to minimise the creases. It works for me all the time.

A little goes a very long way for this, just a small pump will work wonder. 
For foundation, I was going with the Flawless Finish Foundation in shade sand.

Love the packaging 


Unfortunately, I got the wrong shade and this was a tad too dark and yellowish for my skin tone. I also didn't like that it has a strong fragrant smell. Definitely prefer products that are fragrant-less. The name of the foundation is Flawless Finish Foundation but to be honest, I think that the coverage that it offers is bare minimum. I can still see my pores and acne scars after applying a layer. It is buildable but even so, after applying a second layer, the coverage barely improved. On top of that, it also oxidised pretty badly. After 2 hours, my face literally looked 20 shades darker than when I first applied and needless to say, it was of a complete different shade from my neck. It does have a satin finish which is alright for me as long as it's not too dewy. Also, it lasted a whole day for me. Overall first impression of this foundation is not too good so I guess I'll give it a 4/10. Ps. don't hate me if this is your favourite foundation.

For concealer, I was going for the HD Lifting Concealer in the shade light.




I think this shade is perfect for me and I love how blendable this concealer is because of its creamy consistency. It kinda reminded me of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. Overall first impression of this HD Lifting Concealer was good and I would give it a 8/10.

To complete the makeup base, I set my makeup with the HD Powder in sheer. Initially wanted to use it with the Beautifully Bare Blending Brush but the powder comes with a sponge so I thought I should test it out as well.



The sponge is horrible. As I was patting the powder onto my face, I realised the sponge was taking up some of my foundation. The powder was mediocre and I feel that Catrice setting powder is so much better. Overall first impression of the powder is okay, not fantastic and definitely not something I will reach for so I will give it a 5/10.

For the brows, I was using the Brow Pencil in Neutral Brown. 

Loves how this comes with a spoolie 


The brow pencil is good. The colour came out easily as the pencil glide smoothly over the brows. Colour payoff is really good as well so you gotta be very careful when drawing the brows. In my opinion, I think that if you are someone who is not very confident when it comes to drawing your brow, then it's better to give this a miss as it can be quite hard to control. Overall first impression was good and I will give it a 9/10.

For contour, I was using the bronzer palette that I got years ago and I applied it with the Beautifully Bare blending brush which surprisingly did a good job in applying contour. 

The bronzer palette is an oldie but goodie and I would say it has the right shades for different skin tones. 



As for the brush, I didn't think I would like it because it was a little too hard but much to my surprise, it worked well to create the ideal contour look.

For blusher, I was also using an old palette that I bought previously. 


I love all the four shades in this blush palette and I think they are all suitable for everyday use. 

The highlight that I was using was a newly purchased product - the coffee n cream highlighter duo. Super love the rose gold packaging here. 





Totally love the shimmer of this highlight duo and the pigmentation was fantastic. Only thing is, I feel that the colour somehow doesn't suit my skin tone. The dark shade was too dark yet also too shimmery to be a bronzer and the white shade is too white for highlighting purpose. So overall first impressions of this highlight duo was that the colour pay off was awesome just that the shades didn't work well on me. I would still give it a 7/10 nevertheless.

Moving on to the eyelook, I was using the good old Mad For Matte Eyeshadow palette. Pretty sure everyone here is very familiar with this palette because there was so many bloggers raving about how good this palette was. I got this palette few years ago but honestly, I didn't even reach out for it once over the years. Don't get me wrong, the quality of the eyeshadow is really good; pigmentation is good, and the eyeshadows are nicely pressed so you won't get much fall outs. I didn't use much of it because of the colours. I don't usually go for earth tone colours because I prefer more colours on my lids. But if you like smokey eye looks then this is a palette for you.



Lastly to set my entire make up to ensure it will last a whole day, I will usually go for a setting spray. I was using the Mist & Set in Matte Magic and I love it. The mist came out evenly and my makeup stayed matte the entire day. Overall first impression was 10/10 for this setting spray. 


And so, here's my completed makeup look. 
Don't I look fierce with this smokey eye look
So that's all for this one brand makeup look post. I hope you have enjoyed reading and till the next post, xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment