Followers

Thursday 26 October 2017

First Impression: WetnWild Photo Focus Foundation

Hey beauties, welcome back!

In this post, I will be sharing about my experience of trying the WetnWild Photo Focus Foundation for the first time, how I feel about this foundation and whether I love it or not so let's not waste any more time and get started now!

I have always been a great fan of WetnWild because all their products are really inexpensive and at the same time really good. The Photo Focus concealer has been one of my favourite concealers so far, second to the Tarte Shape Tape concealer and it is strange that I haven't tried this foundation until now.

So for a start, let's talk about the applicator. I personally don't really like how it does not come with a pump. The applicator is shaped like a spatula so I believe the idea is to dig the spatula in and spread it directly to your face, which I thought is a little unhygienic so I ended up putting the product on my hand first before applying them to my face.

Secondly, the smell is simply horrible. I believe I am someone who has quite a high tolerance for bad smell but I feel that this foundation smells a lot like paint (e.g. Nippon Paint) and I hate it. Why like that, WetnWild???

As for the texture, it is quite watery and I thought it felt quite oily on my skin at first but after blending it out, it felt much more normal. This product is definitely easy to blend because of its watery texture and I thought it is quite buildable as well. As for the coverage, one layer is pretty much all I need to achieve that "My Skin But Better" look so I would say the coverage is medium to high. 

This is my face after applying one thin layer, looks pretty much MSBB. #nofilter
Completed my everyday go to work makeup
Now, let's talk about its staying power. I wore the foundation out and only came back home after almost twelve hours and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by its staying power. My foundation stayed on pretty well and so did my blusher and highlights. My T-zones definitely looked much dewier than before but I thought it was quite acceptable since my T-zone is extremely oily. The extra dewiness made me look a tad bit glowier, which I kinda like. 



After almost 12 hours and my makeup is pretty much still intact!
So all in all, I must say I am pretty impressed with this WetnWild Photo Focus foundation as it does have pretty high coverage and strong staying power. The only thing I do not like is the weird paint smell and perhaps they can improve on the applicator as well.  But for the price of $13.90, I can prolly look past these so-called flaws and give this foundation a thumbs up! 

Oh and if you are wondering where I got this foundation from, I usually purchase my WetnWild products from the Watson atrium sale whereby they partnered with Smoochiezz, which is an online shop that carries all these drugstore brands. You can also check out their website here if none of the atrium sales are convenient for you. 

Nuff said. Go get these now and happy shopping! 

Xoxo 




No comments:

Post a Comment