Followers

Saturday 14 October 2017

Review: Fenty Beauty Foundation

Hey beauties, welcome back!

Today I will be doing a mini review on the latest beauty sensation - Fenty Beauty foundation by Rihanna. To be honest, I was the least interested in this new brand until I saw so many beauty vloggers reviewing it and they all said that this is the perfect foundation for oily skin.


A little background on my skin type before I get started on this review. I have combination/oily skin and my t zones can get pretty oily throughout the day. My holy grail foundation to date are the Revlon Colourstay foundation for combination/oily skin and Catrice Cosmetic All Matt Plus foundation as these are the two foundations that could stay on my skin for the whole day and look just like when I first applied it even after 10 hours. Most of the other foundations that I have tested left my face looking super greasy and over dewy at the t zones after a while.
So naturally, when everyone was saying how Fenty Beauty foundation is a great match for oily skin, I knew I had to get it.

So, let's get to the review part. I think Rihanna really nailed the packaging. It's so minimalist and girly at the same time and I especially love how its bottle is in a hexagon shape unlike other brands which are in those typical cylinder shape. So thumbs up for the packaging!

Now let's get to the product. I really like that Fenty Beauty came out with a ton of shades for different skin tones but that also means that choosing the right shade for you can be quite tricky. I got myself the shade #210 and I think it's a little warm on my skin. I think #180 could be slightly better for me but it was sold out at Sephora T.T Aside for that, I did notice that this foundation oxidises way too quickly. My face is visibly "tanner" after a few minutes so for those who are contemplating on getting this, it is really advisable to get at least one or two shades lighter than your original skin tone.
One thing that I love about this foundation is that it is completely odourless and it makes me feel that this foundation is so safe to apply on my bare skin and that it is not going to cause any breakouts on my face.

When I first pumped out the foundation from the bottle to my hand, the texture felt really watery and it flowed down my hand so smoothly. Surprisingly, it dries up in an instant and I had to apply it to my face as soon as I pumped it out of the bottle. I guess the best way to apply it is to pump the foundation directly onto your beauty blender or brush, or whichever you are using and apply it straight onto your face. However, what I do love about this foundation is that it glides onto my skin so easily and it blends so well with other products. The finish of this foundation is really matte but also kinda satin and I felt like I had a second skin and didn't look like I applied anything on to my face.  The coverage is pretty good as well as one layer is all I needed to cover my acne scars and another thin layer does the job of covering my dark circles. This is definitely one foundation that you can try to build up for coverage. 

The best part of this foundation is that IT LASTED ONE WHOLE DAY ON MY SKIN! Like literally. No cakeyness, no greasy nose, no patchy parts. My face looked exactly the same as when I first stepped out of the house after a whole day. My other makeup products also stayed intact the whole day which I thought was amazing!

This is how i looked like after applying the makeup

This is how I looked like after 5 hours.
And this, after a whole day of walking and eating (10 hours later), the makeup was still intact.

Look, no shiny t zone

To conclude, I think that the Fenty Beauty foundation is definitely worth buying if you have combination/oily skin. However, if you have dry skin, my suggestion is to make sure you moisturise your face well before applying. Also, I feel that this foundation is not expensive for a celebrity brand - SGD50 for a 1.08 Fl Oz foundaton is definitely much cheaper than other big brands like Makeup Forever and Nars.

If you are intrigued to try it out yourself, head over to the nearest Sephora outlet and choose the right shade for yourself!


Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment