Followers

Thursday 3 October 2019

September 2019 Favourites

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

I know I've been saying this for all my monthly favourite post but yupps can't believe it's already October and I had recently just given birth to my daughter Renée on 1st Oct 2019. So this is my very first post after I became a mom and I'm gonna share with you what I've been loving in the month of September. If you are keen to see what are the products I've been using for the past one month, keep on reading!

1) Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick



I've a new foundation favourite for the month of September and I found myself reaching out for it on a daily basis, other than on the days I was testing new foundations obviously and my new foundation favourite is the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick. To be honest, I was never a fan of foundation stick before I found this Hourglass one as I thought their coverage and finishing is not my cup of tea. I used to think that foundation sticks will make my face a tad greasy and since I've oily skin, I tend to avoid using stick foundation. But the Hourglass one really took me by surprise. Not only is it not greasy at all, the finishing of the foundation is so natural and it makes my face looks so flawless. It literally lasts a whole day on the skin without any cakeyness or any wear off and my face just looks perfect though the day. I've actually done a first impression and wear test review on it few weeks ago so if you are interested, you may want to read that post too but yes the Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick is my new holy grail for stick foundation and I absolutely love it. Oh right and in case you want to know, I'm in shade Vanilla and it suits my skin tone perfectly. You don't have to get a shade lighter because this foundation does not oxidise at all.

2) L'Oréal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray


If you've been following me long enough, you will know that my holy grail setting spray has always been the Urban Decay All Nighter spray and I still stand by it. Whenever there is a Sephora Sale, I will find myself stocking the Urban Decay setting spray up but I think i may have found myself a drugstore dupe for that and it is the L'Oréal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray. I love how it is what it claims, makeup extender and my makeup literally lasts a whole day whenever I use the spray. And I don't mean just the foundation, even my blusher, bronzer and highlight stays put the entire day. It also helps to keep my face looking matte the entire day, which is right up my alley since I have oily skin. And guess what, I think it smells a lot like the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray as well (the saliva smell) and I actually quite like it haha.

3) MAC Love Me Lipstick in Bated Breath



My last makeup favourite of the month is this Mac Cosmetics Love Me Lipsticks in the shade Bated Breath. I love that this lipstick is super moisturising to the lips, very light weight yet pigmented and it gives a very soft satin finish. Most importantly, it does not feel dry on my lips. Bated breath is a warm tone, dark plum shade which I think is very suitable for autumn so I can totally see myself wearing it for this season. Really loving the formula of this lipstick and I can't wait to try out the other shades as well.

4) Farmarcy Green Clean Makeup Melt away Cleansing Balm


Moving on to my skin care favourites of the month, the first on my list is the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm. Okay this makeup remover is not very cheap, it is retailing at $50 in Sephora and I bought it during the September Sephora Sale. This cleansing balm contains sunflower oil and ginger root oil to gently cleanse and nourish the skin for a glowing complexion. With the extract of moringa tree, it helps to purify and refresh skin while papaya extract acts as a natural exfoliator to help refine skin's surface. With these ingredients, this cleansing balm not only works as a makeup remover, it also double up as a skin care product. A little goes a very long way for this cleansing balm and all I ever need is a ten cent coin amount to remove a full face makeup. What really impresses me is that it can even remove waterproof mascara which I usually have trouble removing it with just remover wipes or micellar water.


And I also like that it does not feel greasy on the skin. In fact, it is really gentle and light weight on the face and I like its natural, herb-ish smell.

5) Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner (100ml)


For the month of September, I've been trying out a few new skincare products and one of it is the Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Facial Toner. It is a gentle toner infused with real rose petals and it claims to soften the skin and refines the appearance of pores for a healthy looking complexion. Since this is the first time I'm trying the toner, I went for the smaller bottle in 100ml first and it is retailing at $38 whereas the big bottle in 250ml is retailing at $65. If you do the math, it is indeed cheaper to get the big bottle but if you are new to this toner and would like to test it out first, then i think it's a good idea to go for the smaller bottle first. A little goes a very long way for this toner and I believe the 100ml can last you at least half a year. I really like the packaging of this toner and I think it is kinda therapeutic staring at the rose petals in the bottle. The toner has a faint rose fragrance to it that is very calming which I like and it is indeed very gentle on the skin. My skin feels very hydrated after using it and it does seem to tighten the pores as well. So far so good.

6) Fresh Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum (15ml)


Yet another product from Fresh, for the month of September, I've also been loving this Vitamin Nectar Glow Juice Antioxidant Face Serum. It claims to be a juice serum that contains 480,000 nutrient rich microbubbles that delivers an essential dose of skin nutrition for an energised, healthy look and I'm loving it. The citrus scent is so refreshing and uplifting. It absorbs quickly and feels really light weight on the skin. I like to use it both in the day and night. For day time, I like to use it before applying makeup and it instantly brightens up my face without making it looks greasy. For my night time skin care routine, I like to use it before my moisturiser as it helps to prep my skin for the moisturiser allowing better absorption. I think the price tag of this serum is quite friendly, considering that Fresh is a rather pricey brand. It is retailing at $45 for a 15ml product and although 15ml seems a tad too little, but a little goes a very long way for it and I usually only needs 2 drops for my entire face. Pretty sure a small bottle of this can last me some decent amount of time.

7) Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream



I've always been a fan for Kiehl's skincare products and I recently found another favourite from this brand and it is this Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream. It is the most lightweight moisturiser I've ever used with its gelish texture and I like that it is mon greasy at oil and leaves my face shine free through the day. I also love that it can be absorbed very quickly and also with a cooling effect. It does kinda remind me of the liquid glue and it smells a little like the glue too just that it is not tacky at all. I like to use it in the day time before applying make up as the gel cream is able to keep me looking matte the entire day and since it is very lightweight, it acts as a good base for my makeup. This Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel Cream deserves to be raved about and I really truly love it too.

8) Pentaxyl cream


The last item on my September's favourite list is this Pentaxyl cream which I bought from my makeup instructor in August and I've been using it religiously for the past one month. So what is this cream all about? Pentaxyl is a proprietary blend of herbal extracts and the breakthrough formulas of the Matrixyl® Complex and Argireline, which reduce the appearance of wrinkles and furrows, help skin look thicker and firmer, and gives the skin a youthful glow. Pentaxyl has harnessed the age-fighting power of "bio-peptide" technology, with three age-fighting bio-peptides (1) Pamitoyl-Pentapeptide-3 (Matrixyl) (2) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (3) Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline). Peptides are a low molecular weight amino acid group that are building blocks of proteins that make up plants and animals. Palmitoyl_Pentapeptide-3 was discovered at National Institute of Health. So in short, this Pentaxyl cream helps to lighten any scarring that you have, including stretch marks. I have been using it on my face, to reduce the acne scars as well as firming the face. The result can be seen almost immediately and my face always look more lifted after applying this cream. It is very lightweight and absorbs really quickly so even if your skin type is oily like mine, it will not cause any greasiness hence this is a cream that in my opinion, suits every skin type. You can get this from https://sg.shop.com/Pentaxyl+reg+-1064446907-p+.xhtml#product-details and it is retailing at $123.25. Although it is slightly pricey, but it is definitely worth every penny in my opinion.

And that's all I have for my September's favourites. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Let me know what are some of your favourite products from September as well! Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment