Followers

Wednesday 9 October 2019

Full Face of Wet N Wild Cosmetics

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'm gonna share a full face makeup with only Wet N Wild Cosmetics products. Wet N Wild is a very affordable drugstore brand and you can actually get their products in some of the Watsons' outlets or their atrium sale and to be honest, I think most of their products are really good and definitely do not disappoint. So if you are keen to see what are the products I'm using as well as how my completed makeup look looks like, keep on reading!

To prep the face, I am going with the Photo focus Face Primer in Matte Mat because your girl here has got oily skin.



The primer comes in a squeezing tube and it is very light and travel friendly. The texture of the primer itself if lotion like and it absorbs into the skin really quickly, leaving a matte and smooth finish. It also feels really lightweight on the skin and my face looks instantly shine-free. I feel that this is a good and affordable primer for oily skin.

Moving on to foundation, I am using one of my favourite drugstore foundation and that is the Photofocus Foundation.



This foundation comes in a glass bottle with a spatula-like wand, which in my opinion is a little unhygienic because most of the time the wand will be in direct contact with the skin and then you got to dip it back into the bottle, contaminating the product inside. Also, the foundation has a very strong paint smell which may be unacceptable to some people but because I really like the finish of the foundation, I sorta force myself to ignore the smell and it does get better after awhile.

Left face done with the foundation. 
I got my foundation in the shade Rose Ivory, which is the 5th lightest shade and it has a pinkish undertone to it. The foundation claims to be high-performing, skin-perfecting which underwent major road testing under seven different photo lighting conditions to deliver flawless camera-ready makeup every time. It is specially made with a matte, light-diffusing complex to give your skin #nofilter perfection. What I like about this foundation is that it is lightweight and very blendable. I would say it also has a medium and buildable coverage and the finish is very natural, almost skin like in my opinion. It is not drying and it definitely allows me to stay shine free throughout the day. So for this foundation, I feel that it is suitable for all skin types and it is only retailing at $13.90 in Watsons, so why not give it a try.

For concealer, I'm also going for the one in their Photofocus line.



Mine is in the shade light ivory and it is the perfect shade to cover the dark eye circles.


I like that it comes with a doe foot applicator and the texture is very creamy and blendable. But on the other hand, I feel that this concealer tends to dry up faster as compared to my other drugstore concealers and it does set into my fine lines so I am not exactly a fan of this concealer.

To set the undereye, I am using the Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana, and this is my holy grail undereye setting powder but I heard it is discontinued already?! Why Wet N Wild!!


I love the soft finish of this powder, especially under the eyes because it seems to blur my fine lines and at the same time brighten it as well, giving it a slight sheen. I like how it makes me look more energetic.

And as for the full face setting powder, I'm using the Photofocus Pressed Powder in Neutral Beige.


The texture of this powder is soft and silky and I'm loving the soft, satin finish of the setting powder. Most importantly, it helps to control shine throughout the day without any cakeyness. This pressed powder is definitely not drying so I think it will suit all skin types.

And the base makeup is completed. Since I'm using mostly the photofocus line products, let's see if they can pass the flashback test.


I think they fare pretty well, no white cast on my face 👍

Next up, to contour the face, I'm using the Megaglo Contouring Palette Contour in the shade Dulce De Leche with the limited edition Blush brush.




The powder is finely milled and it doesn't cause any fallout. It is also very blendable and buildable. However I find that the contour is too warm toned and orangey for my skin tone and the highlight in this palette doesn't impress me at all because Wet N Wild has many other good highlight products that are way glowier than this.

For blusher, I'm using the coloricon Blush in Mellow Wine which is a moderately warm toned, medium dark coral shade that comes with a matte finish. To apply the Blusher, I'm using the Wet N Wild Blush Brush which is one of my favourite blush brush and I believe I've got few of the same brush in my collection. Wet n Wild brushes are really inexpensive and I really like their colour combination of pink and white.




Anyway back to the blusher, I really like this Mellow Wine Blush because it is very pigmented and easy to apply due to its smooth texture. It is also very blendable and you can easily build it up to the intensity you like. I also like that it has a very natural finish and it can last a whole day without any touch up. I believe this blusher is retailing at less than $10 which I think is super affordable and you get yourself a big pan too.

Moving on to the highlight, I'm going with the Megaglo Highlighting Powder which I totally swear by. These highlighting powders have got the silky smooth texture which makes them so easy to blend. A little goes a long way for these highlight powders and just one swipe will make you shine like a glazed donut.





For today's makeup look, I'm going for the one in shade Precious Petals which is a champagne gold shade and I think it gives off the right amount of shimmer and glow. I'm also using the Wet n Wild Small Stipple brush here to do the highlight. Anyway, for just $16.90, I think this is a highlighting powder that everyone should try out.

Finally for the eye make up, I'm using the Au Naturel eyeshadow palette in Nude Awakening. It consists of both shimmer and matte shades which makes it more versatile when creating eye looks. The eyeshadows are very pigmented with very minimal fallouts. But if i have to be completely honest, I don't see myself reaching out to this palette because there is no particular shade in this palette that stands out. The colours in this palette are very common and I feel that I can similar shades in some other palettes.



Completed eye look, nothing fanciful here. 

To set the whole makeup, I am gonna use the Photofocus Natural Finish Setting Spray.


I like that it comes in such a small, cute bottle which makes it so easy to carry around but the smell of this setting spray is so terrible and the smell lingered on for quite awhile. Because of the smell, I'm gonna give this setting spray a huge ❌.

Lastly for the lips, I'm going for the Wet N Wild lipstick in Blushing Bali. I can't remember the name of the lipstick but I did do a lip swatch of these lippies few months back so if you are keen, you can check out the previous post that I did.




For just $2.90, I think this lipstick is pretty decent as it gives a satin finish and it is not drying to the lips at all. The colour doesn't really last but I'm totally fine with that.

Full Face Makeup Completed
So that's all I have for this post! Let me know which other brands you would like to see me doing for a full face makeup look. Please follow me if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment