Followers

Sunday 22 July 2018

First Impression: Shu Uemura Petal Skin Fluid Foundation

Hey gorgeous, welcome back!

So in today's post, I'll be sharing with you my first impression for the Shu Uemura Petal Skin Fluid Foundation. If you are keen to find out how I feel about this foundation, then keep on scrolling!

Let us start off with the packaging because I absolutely adore it! It is really compact and travel-friendly (30ml only so you can carry it with you onto plane) and I love the white cap, which makes the packaging so minimalist. But on a side note, a white cap can be dirtied easily so you got to make sure that your hands are foundation-free before touching the cap.



Alright, back to the foundation itself. This series has a total of 11 shades and I am in shade "574" - light sand, which happens to be one of the best selling shades too. The foundation was inspired by the beauty of petals and is said to be able to recreate a semi-matte, pore-less and naturally radiant finishing. It also comes with SPF 20 PA ++, which is definitely a plus point as well.


First impression for me is that this foundation is very lightweight and watery, so it is very easy to blend and you can do that either with your beauty blender/sponge or even your finger.


However, I find that the coverage is not as good as it says but it can be built up and I assure you that it is not cakey at all. Another thing that I noticed was that the foundation sets into my fine lines on my under eye very quickly so you really got to set it in with a setting powder as soon as you are done with your foundation.


After applying the first layer, my acne scar is still quite visible. 
The foundation is also very lasting and my skin stayed matte throughout the day even on my oily t-zone, which is very impressive as most of the foundation I used previously made me look shiny on my t-zone after just a few hours. I would recommend you go one shade lighter as I realised that the foundation does oxidise a fair bit so you will look darker as the day passes.

Added another thin layer of the foundation on the spots where I wanna conceal. 
After a day out, my face pretty much looked the same



All in all, I love this foundation a lot as it really does give me a semi-matte finishing and it is fragrance free as well! It does not break me out, which I thought is good. So if you are considering on getting a new foundation, give this Shu Uemura Petal Skin Fluid Foundation a try!

Happy trying and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment