Followers

Tuesday 8 May 2018

Review: The Ordinary Coverage Foundation

Hey Beauties, welcome back!

In today's post, I will be doing a short review on the latest foundation that I have been trying and testing on - The Ordinary Coverage Foundation. Many of you may not have heard of this brand because it is not readily available in Singapore's beauty stores like Watsons, Guardian or Sephora. However, I came to know about this brand when my favorite Youtuber Kathleenlights shared about her love for this foundation and it was even featured in one of her monthly favorites video. I will put a link to the website I got this foundation from down below, just in case you girls need it.

This is how the bottle looks like. 
Recently, I have been reaching out to this foundation almost everyday ever since I started to use it mainly because of its staying power. It literally lasts whole day on my face (7am-10pm) without any touch-up in between. I was blown away by how long lasting it was when I first wore it to work. My face did not look cakey or greasy after a whole day at work and this surprised me a lot since I have combination oily skin and my t-zone usually looks shiny after awhile when I use some other foundations. So, five stars for its staying power! However, if you have very dry skin, you might want to give this foundation a miss as I feel that it can be quite drying for dry skin (which probably explains why my face doesn't look greasy at all).

After a layer of the foundation, skin tone becomes even and I can hardly see my dark eye circles. Amazing.
Secondly, as the name of the foundation suggests, I feel that this foundation does a pretty decent job when it comes to covering up my dark eye circles and occasional acne scars. One thin layer of this foundation is able to cover 60-70 percent of my flaws therefore I usually skip the concealer after applying this foundation for a natural, my-skin-but-better look. If you do want to look as flawless as possible, you can either apply another layer or go for a lighter shade concealer. Fret not, this foundation is very buildable and it does not cake or crease into fine lines after applying another layer.

Took this during mid-day and the foundation together with my makeup is going on strong!
I got myself the shade in 1.2 N Light in which N stands for Neutral as I usually prefer a foundation that is one shade lighter than my original skin tone so that in any case that the foundation oxidises, I will not look fifty shades darker in the mid-day. There is a total of 21 versatile shades for this Coverage foundation but the website that I got it from only has 5 shades for you to choose from: 1.2 N Light, 2.0 N Light Medium, 2.0 P (Pink) Light Medium, 2.0 Y (Yellow) Light Medium and 2.0 Y Medium. I believe the first two shades would suit most Asian skin tones but if you prefer a cooler shade, you can also go for 2.0 P Light Medium for a cooler undertone. 

Last but not least, The Ordinary Coverage Foundation also comes with a SPF15 mineral sun protection so for girls who tend to skip the sun block, this is the foundation for you as it protects your skin while looking perfect. 

And at the end of the day, my skin still looks so flawless. Thumbs up for this foundation!
So that concludes my review on The Ordinary Coverage Foundation. All in all, I really love this foundation a lot as it is able to last a whole day for me without making me look shiny or greasy. The foundation does not settle into fine lines or crease even if I apply more than a layer. And did I mention that this foundation is also absolutely pocket friendly as it costs only SGD $15 for a 30ml bottle? Totally in love with this foundation and I will definitely repurchase it once it's finished. If you are keen to get your hands on this foundation, here's the link to it:


Happy shopping, xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment