Followers

Saturday 5 May 2018

How I Style: A Basic Tee


Hey Beauties, welcome back!

Being a blogger means I have to constantly create new content for my readers out there and after brainstorming for a while , I have decided to do a series of "How I Style" in this space and today's post will be the first ever article of the series.

In this article, I will be doing a "How I Style - a basic tee" . I am sure many of you are like me, who love to wear basic tees but at the same time you don't wish to look too 'lok kok' (casual). Fret not, I have come out with 5 ways to wear a basic tee where you can look trendy and chic so read on to find out more.

The first style that came to my mind is to pull on a trustee pair of jeans but instead of looking like a plain Jane, I added a little spice to this outfit. I decided to put on a pair of heels. This addition makes the entire outfit a tad more feminine and I feel that this could be a perfect outfit for a girls night out if you want to look slightly casual yet feminine.


The second outfit is somewhat a similar to the first one as I was wearing the same pair of jeans from the first outfit. However, I went a little further to create a denim on denim look by simply throwing on a denim jacket on top of my 'normal' outfit. Personally, I feel that denim on denim will never go out of fashion as it brings out a little attitude in your dressing. This can be a good outfit if you are in the mood for an ootd shoot.


Outfit number 3 is more office-friendly style. What I've done here is put on a pair of maroon work pants and make sure I tuck my tee in for a sleek and tidy look. To complement the look, I added a blazer to complete this 'office lady style' . I absolutely love how versatile this outfit is and will definitely recommend this if you have special occasions to attend.


The fourth outfit is, in my opinion, the girliest of the lot and I must say, it is super effortless. Just put on a slip dress over the tee and wear the most comfortable pair of sneakers you have and you are good to go! I decided to pair this with a denim slip dress since denim looks good with almost any colour. This is definitely an outfit suitable for a date with your Mr. Right.


The last style I am going to share is undoubtedly the most common yet stylish combination: a basic tee with literally any kind of skirt. Yes, you read that right. In the photo below, I matched my tee with a semi formal midi skirt and it instantly gave me a smart casual look. Slip on  a pair of kitten heels and you are bound to make heads turn.


Well, that's all I have for this first article of 'How I Style'. I hope you have enjoyed reading this and don't forget to stay tuned for the next article!

Happy styling away xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment