Followers

Wednesday 11 December 2019

October & November Favourites

Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

It's been awhile since I last updated my monthly favourites so today I'm gonna share what I've been loving for the past 2 months. Being a new mom, I did not have much time to play with makeup so there isn't much makeup favourites in this post but I do have a few favourites as a new mommy to share so if you are keen to find out more, keep on reading!

1) Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Stick Foundation


If you have been following my blog, you would have probably seen the post where I did a first impression on the Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Stick Foundation and I've been using it non stop ever since. As a mom, I usually do not have much time to do my makeup so a stick foundation is more convenient for me and because I have oily skin, I prefer one with a matte finish. The Sephora Collection Matte Perfection Stick Foundation last whole day on my skin and my face looks flawless and shine free through the day. It is easy to blend with a makeup sponge hence it saves up much of my makeup time and I love it. I also like that it is not tacky so I do not have to set it with powder. Most of the time I would just apply a layer to even up my skin tone and cover my dark circles and I'll leave it as that with the my skin but better vibe. Highly recommend this stick foundation if you have oily skin like me and you want to have a natural finish while staying matte all day.

2) Essence hey cheeks Face Palette



And like I mentioned earlier, being a mom means I need to replace makeup time with latching and pumping and this Essence face palette screams convenience to me. I like that the shades are very usable and I can rely on this to create very simple everyday makeup look. I feel that essence is honestly a very affordable cosmetic brand with high cp value.

3) L'Oréal Revitalift Crystal Micro Essence (smoothing + radiance)


For skin care, I've been loving this micro essence from L'Oréal Paris. First and foremost, I love the smell of this essence. I don't know how to describe it but if possible, you can head down to the drugstore and see if there is any tester out there and smell it for yourself. I promise you won't hate it. This product claims to penetrate up to 10 skin layers with skin refinining droplets powered by brightening actives and Centella Asiatica.
It contains Salicylic Acid to mildly exfoliate and refine pores and skin texture which helps remove dead skin cells and accelerate skin renewal. I notice that my skin seems to have more elasticity these days and it feels a lot firmer than before which I think is because of the Centella Asiatica content which is known for its healing power to deeply repair, boost skin elasticity and smooth out lines and wrinkles. The texture of this essence is super light weight and watery making it easy to absorb and penetrate the skin. Immediately, skin feels hydrated, plumped and refreshed. I've been reaching out for this crystal micro essence on a daily basis, replacing it with my Estee Lauder Micro Essence.

4) Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile & Lavender

Pic credit from Sephora Sg
My next skin care favourite is a facial spray I never thought I would like but I ended up finishing an entire bottle. This Mario Badescu facial spray with aloe, chamomile and lavender is the second product I've tried from the brand, the first being the Drying Lotion (which is my holy grail skin care) and so far I've been loving their products. The reason I like this facial spray is because of its strong lavender scent which calms me down everytime I spray it on my face. I used this every single day when I was doing my confinement and I relied on it greatly to keep my face hydrated and also to relax and soothe myself. The mist is really finely and strong and I really enjoyed it thoroughly until the very last drop. In fact, I have already placed an order from Sephora and it should be on its way to me now. Highly recommend this if you are looking for a facial spray.

5) Olens Contact Lens in the style Spanish (Real Olive)



My next favourite of the month is this pair of contact lens from Olens. This is my first time ordering and trying their lenses and I am pretty sure that I'll be repurchasing again. The pair that I've gotten is from their Spanish collection and I got them in the colour "real olive". What I love about their lenses is that they are really thin and easy to put on. On top of that, they are also not drying which is very suitable for people with dry eyes like me. I can wear them comfortably for a good ten hours, without any eye drop in between.

The next few favourites are all mummy/baby related as they are the products I've been loving for the past 2 months as a new mom.

6) Konny Baby Carrier Summer in Charcoal

Pic from Konny



So for the past 2 months, I've learnt how to baby wear with the Konny Baby Carrier Summer and I feel that unlike other sling, this Konny Baby Carrier is really easy to put on, in fact it's just like wearing a tee. I like that this Konny Baby Carrier is super lightweight so for mommies with slip disc like me, I do not feel tired or any ache especially at the lower back area. One thing I really like about this carrier is that whenever I wear my baby in it, she falls deeply asleep, making it easier to bring her out. Sometimes when she is fussy at home, I will also put her in my Konny and within a minute she is sound asleep already. I chose the Summer version because Singapore weather is very hot and humid and with the mesh design, my baby feels more cooling in it and it is also more breathable in my opinion. The price of a Konny is also pretty reasonable as you can get it at less than $90. The only thing I can complain about is that since Konny carrier is based on sizing, my husband is not able to share the carrier with me because obviously we are of different sizes and that is pretty inconvenient but for that price point, I think I probably can get another one for my husband at the right size.

7) Bravado Click and Pump Hands Free Nursing Bra

Pic from pupsik

For breast feeding mommies, you need this in your life. This is the best invention ever, hands down. Bravado Clip and Pump Hands-Free Nursing Bra Accessory is a bra accessory that attaches securely to your nursing bras’ B-clips. All you need to do is to insert your breastpump flange into the slot that holds it securely, allowing you to pump handsfree! You may be thinking $45 for a piece of cloth, is it worth it? Yessss, just get it. I cannot imagine myself holding the pumps in my 2 hands, 8 to 12 times a day, for at least 20 minutes without doing anything else. With this hands free bra, I am able to soothe my baby if she cries, do some online shopping (oops), watch YouTube/Netflix, do some chores while pumping and makes full use of my time instead of sitting there staring at the pump, wasting my life away. So mommies, if you don't already know about this, go get it now. I got mine from Pupsik and I saw Lazada sells it too.

8) Haenim Dryer & Multi Sterilizer (3rd gen)

Pic from Motherswork

Yet another expensive investment I've made in the past 2 months but it has become something I cannot live without now. Honestly I cannot imagine my life now without Haenim because it is so convenient especially for mommies who are doing pumping. For me, I have to pump every 2 hourly for 30 minutes each session and with my Haenim, my pumps and bottles are always 100% dry and this is very important at least to me because I don't want to have to use a tissue to wipe my bottles or pumps dry (tissue has bacteria/germs etc.). On top of that, the Haenim also works as a storage for the milk bottles and I can keep them inside for as long as I want, free of bacteria. I got my Haenim from the baby fair early in July at $329 nett, way cheaper than Lazada.

Lastly I have been binge watching dramas these days while pumping and I have got 2 favourites dramas to share as well!

9) Hotel Del Luna

A romantic comedy featuring IU and Yeo Jin Goo as the main cast, Hotel Del Luna is the story about Jang Man Wol (female lead by IU) being the owner of the eponymous hotel that caters only to ghosts; the beautiful but ill-tempered owner is cursed to manage the hotel due to a terrible crime she committed in her first life. She has since been living for a thousand years until the appearance of Koo Chan Sung (Male lead by Yeo Jun Goo) who managed to save her and she finally moves on to the afterlife. I feel that this is not the typical K drama that I've watched thus far. Some scenes can be quite scary because not all the ghosts in the show are friendly, some can be quite vengeful and scary. But apart from the appearance of ghosts, this is a sad yet beautiful love story between Man Wol and Chan Sung. IU's fashion style in the show is super on point tooand she really inspired me to dress up more often. In fact I was looking forward to see her costumes in every episodes. If you are looking for some fashion inspiration, try Hotel Del Luna. Oh and their OST is awesome!!! The song Another Day is on repeat mode on my Spotify now. Hotel Del Luna is available on Netflix, but if you are not subscribed to Netflix, you may want to try Taxiasians for free online streaming (sshhh).

10) Vagabond

Another K drama that I had recently finished is Vagabond by Lee Seung Gi and Bae Suzy and guys, go watch this please. It's been a long while since I got so anxious about a drama and I literally could not stop myself from watching. Each episode is so exciting and I just want to carry on watching. In fact, I finished the entire drama in 3 days time. For a mommy, I think this is pretty fast. Vagabond is about a tragic airplane crash involving the nephew of Del Goon (Lee Seung Gi) and he swore to find out the truth about the crash after he watched the last video of his nephew on the plane. Together with the help of Hae Ri (Bae Suzy), they discovered a national corruption scandal. Towards the end of the show, there was a huge plot twist (no spoiler here) and the drama got even more exciting. If I had to compare this with Hotel Del Luna, I think you should watch Vagabond first because the entire plot is really good and the acting of the two actors are really awesome too. Enough said, hurry on your Netflix now!

And that's all I have for my past two month's favourites. I am back to trying more makeup and skin care this month and I hope I will have more products to share later. Please follow if you haven't already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.




No comments:

Post a Comment