Followers

Tuesday 3 December 2019

Full Face Of Australis Cosmetics (Almost)


Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I'll be doing a full face (well, almost) makeup using the Australian cosmetic brand, Australis and I'll as usual give you my honest opinion on these makeups. So if you have been wanting to try this drugstore brand, keep on reading!


First on the list is the Oh 2 Glow Light Diffusing Foundation since I didn't have any primer to try with. The foundation claims to be a flawless foundation that gives you great coverage and a natural glow and with light-diffusing properties, the fluid formula smooths skin, evens complexion and disguises imperfections. As a buildable foundation you can decide on the level of coverage you want – one pump for a sheer coverage, more for heavier coverage.


First thing first, the foundation has a really watery consistency and I wasn't able to apply it with the makeup sponge because the foundation got absorb into the sponge too quickly. Instead, I had to use my fingers to apply.

Right side done with the foundation. Acne still visible. Dark circles covered approximately 50%
The foundation has got very sheer coverage and although it claims to be buildable for more coverage, I wasn't able to conceal the acne I had on my face and my dark circles were still visible. Also, the foundation oxidises pretty badly so if you do want to try this foundation, remember to get 1 to 2 shades lighter than your skin tone. Overall, the foundation gives a dewy finish which is not to my liking because I have oily skin and my face looked a little too shiny on the nose area throughout the day. I would recommend you to try this foundation only if you have normal to dry skin or you like the k beauty dewy makeup look.

Next we have the Bye Bye Blemish Concealer in the shade COOL.




The concealer has got a creamy consistency and it is relatively easy to apply and blend. The coverage is medium to high, if you layer more. One thing I noticed was that it settled into my fine lines on the undereye a little too quick, before I managed to blend them in. So if you have dry undereye like me, this is something you got to take note. All in all, I feel that this concealer is alright, but definitely not something I will repurchase again.




To set my base makeup, I'm trying the Colour Clique Finishing Powder in Cool. At first look, I thought this setting powder looks pretty cute because it comes in 4 different pastel shades and it claims to be able to colour correct and finish the makeup look with just simple sweep of these 4 correcting shades. It really does sound amazing to me but when I really got to try it, I was really disappointed. Things got really messy when I was trying to mix the colours before applying them onto my face and honestly I didn't see any difference after setting the face with this powder. More like a gimmick in my opinion and I definitely do not recommend this.




Using the coral pink shade here
For blusher, I went for the Lip & Cheek Combo and I love it! The colour pigmentation is really good and it is able to blend well even on top of the powder. A little goes a very long way for this product and I really like to use it on my cheeks. The colour lasted the entire day for me too.




As for the highlight, I'm using the High Life Illuminating Strobe Powder in Radiance and the sheen to it is so natural. The name of the shade is so apt because it does make me look radiant. I think this Highlight is way better than some other high end highlight in my opinion so I'm highly recommending it.


Moving on to eyeshadows, I'm absolutely loving this Metal & Matte Eyeshadow Palette. First and foremost, the colour payoff is really good, the powders are finely milled with no fallouts at all. They are very easy to blend with both fingers and brushes. I was also using the brown matte shade (third from the bottom) as my contour shade as well and I also love the outcome.

Eyelook completed.




Last but definitely not the least, for the lipstick, I was using the Colour Inject Mineral Lipstick in the shade Ballet which is a rose pink colour. It has a creamy texture and is very easy to apply on. However I did find that the lipstick is a little dry to me, especially on my dry, eczema prone lips so I'm not a very big fan of this lipstick. My lips started to peel halfway through the day so I won't recommend this lip product if you have dry lips like me.

And that's all I have for this Australis makeup try on post. Out of the many products that I have tested on today, the 3 products that I would highly recommend are the lip & cheek combo as it is very lasting on my cheeks. The sheen I got from the High Life highlight is totally right up my alley and it is also very lasting and I also love the eyeshadow palettes because the colour combination is what I usually go for (warm pink shades with some neutrals in it) and the colour pigmentation is really awesome so I highly recommend these 3 products if you wanna give Australis a try.
I hope you've enjoyed reading this post. Please follow me if you have not already and I'll see you in my next post, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment