Followers

Sunday 10 September 2017

NEIGHBOURHOOD + OOTD = PERFECT!

Hello guys!

Today, I'll be sharing with you some tips on how to make use of your neighbourhood surroundings as a good spot for your outfit of the day (OOTD) shots. Also, I will be sharing some tips on how to take good photos and how to pose like Gigi Hadid (just kidding, but she is my Goddess). If you are like me who loves taking OOTD shots but are not sure how to perfect it, read on below.  

Tip #1: Always bear in mind that natural lighting is your bff when taking photos. A simple trick to test if you are facing the sunlight is to raise your palm in the air and see if the front or back of your palm is brighter. If the back of your palm is brighter then the sunlight is coming from behind you and if the front of your palm is brighter then you are facing the light! Easy right?

Tip #2: Avoid taking photos at noon because the sunlight is the harshest during that period (unless you wanna look like Justice Bao (包青天) then by all means).

Tip #3: With the aid of the lighting around you, all you have to do is just be yourself. Don't ever force yourself to smile or pose like someone else because like they always say - confidence is your best outfit!

So next, I am also going to share with you some tips I use when it comes to posing in front of the camera. 

I like to keep my hands busy when taking photos so as to avoid letting my hands look empty and that would potentially be really awkward. It could be as simple as putting your hands in the pockets of your bottoms or holding something in your hands like a cuppa coffee from Starbucks or just your handphone. 

As you can see from my photo below, I kept my hands busy by pushing/holding the leaves of a tree I found in the neighbourhood. For a shot like this, I recommend doing a half body one instead so that the focus is on your face among the surrounding greenery.  

Don't stop beleafing.
My next go-to pose would have to be the "take a stride" pose. It is one of the easiest and most candid pose ever. You will never look like you are trying too hard to do a supermodel pose. Do remember to take big strides when you are attempting this and also do them in slow motion so that your photographer can easily time the right moment to capture the perfect shot. 

My back to school outfit
When you run out of ideas for a pose, find something to lean against. It could be a wall, a tree or even the stairs like how I did it in the photo below. When you are leaning against an object, your body will be less tense as opposed to standing upright and you will give off a more relaxed vibe, thus looking more natural. 

Put your hand in front to cover your tummy yet looking so natural
Last tip in this photo is to remember to cross your legs and do a slight tip toe so as to create an optical illusion to show that you have longer legs. 
I have also incorporated the first tip in the photo below to make myself look busy by holding onto a book.
Bookworm alert!

And so this concludes my post on how to make full use of your neighbourhood to achieve great OOTD shots! I hope you've enjoyed reading this and start shooting away! 

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment