Followers

Wednesday 13 September 2017

First Impression: Maybelline Clearsmooth All In One BB Stick

Hey guys,  good Wednesday to you!

If you have been following my IG account, you would've known that I recently took a day trip to Johor Bahru for a food + shopping tour! So in today's post I will be doing a first impression/mini review on the Maybelline Clearsmooth All In One BB Stick that I purchased from JB's Watson store for just RM17.99 (approx. SGD6 bucks). 


Well, this is not really a new item but I was very intrigued when I saw that it contains SPF 21 with 3 pluses and I really wanted to try it out even though I have never been a fan of foundation sticks as the ones that I tried previously gave me very bad impression. 

Before I get started, let me share with you a little bit of background on my skin type. I have normal/oily skin and it can get quite oily at my T-zones, which is why I don't usually go for foundation sticks as they can become really oily on my skin and leave my face looking greasy throughout the day. I don't have much breakouts (thank goodness) but I do have really bad dark circles and they are always a challenge to cover. 

There are a total of 2 shades for this BB stick - #01 Fresh and #02 Natural. I personally think Maybelline should really come out with more shades for this BB stick mainly because not everyone falls under these two categories. I got myself the #02 Natural since I am not the fairest girl of them all (so who is it? =P).

This is #02 Natural and it still looks a little fair for my skin colour
I love how this stick glides so smoothly onto my skin, giving it just enough moisture for a dewy look without being too greasy. 



The video above shows how I looked after applying a thin layer of the BB Stick. I think it has pretty good coverage and it doesn't settle into the fine lines of my skin which is a plus point for me.

This is the result after applying a second layer
This BB Stick is definitely buildable and you can apply more than one layer to get that perfect coverage for your skin, doubling as a concealer at the same time. It has a satin finish in my opinion as it is very lightweight yet giving me enough coverage and it makes me feel like I am not putting on any foundation at all. 

I have to admit that I am also pleasantly surprised by its staying power. The video below shows how my face looked like 6 hours after I applied the BB Stick and it looked exactly like how I first applied it. It didn't oxidise much, which means the shade is still the same when I first applied onto my face. Also, the shine control power was amazing! I mentioned earlier that the main reason why I avoided foundation sticks was because they usually left me looking greasy after a while but this Maybelline Clearsmooth All In One BB Stick did not do that at all! I looked slightly dewier with a little shine just enough to make me look perfectly glowy and healthy. 



Not too bad huh

So to my surprise, I absolutely adore this Maybelline Clearsmooth All In One BB Stick as it gives me enough coverage to use this alone for those lazy days. It also has great staying and shine control power. I can already foresee myself using this all day, err day.

Maybelline, if you are reading this (hopefully you are haha), please bring this product back to Singapore?! A lot of girls out there would be eternally grateful for that!
Girls, if you are keen to get this product, it is still available in JB's Watson stores as that was where I got mine last week. Else, you can also get it from Qoo10 at a much steeper price (SGD 40 plus?! Qoo10 whyyyyy??) so my suggestion is to get it from JB instead or if someone you know is going over, get them to purchase one for you and you can save a lot more money this way. 



I hope you've enjoyed reading this post and happy shopping away!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment