Followers

Monday 7 December 2020

Catrice All Matt Plus V.S. Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation

 Hey gorgeous, welcome back to my blog!

In today's post, I will be doing yet another foundation comparison and this time I'm going in with the two popular foundations from Catrice! The first one is my holy grail drugstore foundation, the Catrice All Matt Plus Foundation and the second one is the one I am excited about because I've heard and read all the good reviews about it and today I'm finally gonna try it and that is the Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation! 

For the shades, unfortunately I didn't manage to get them in the same shade. I got a nude beige for the All Matt Plus which is my usual shade and a porcelain beige for the HD Liquid Coverage which is a tad light on me but I  guess I can still make it work. 

As usual, I will apply the foundation one on each side of the face so that I can compare them side by side. 

Catrice All Matt Plus Foundation



For the Catrice All Matt Plus Foundation, I am almost finishing the bottle so that says how much I am loving it. Also the shade in nude beige is a perfect match for my skin tone. I like that the consistency of this foundation is pretty creamy yet giving off a air brushed matte finish. 



So here I did my left side of the face with the All Matt Plus Foundation and I love how it applies smoothly on the skin. Only down side is that the coverage is not as high as I wanted it to be as you can see that one layer of the foundation is hardly enough to cover my dark circles. My skin tone was even out with the first layer on. 


Went in for a second layer here and immediately the coverage increased and the dark circle was hardly visible already. Definitely a very buildable coverage and even though I had already applied two layers, the foundation still felt really lightweight on the skin and was not tacky at all. 


Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation



The HD Liquid Coverage Foundation on t
he other hand is of a watery consistency and it comes with a weird artificial smell which I am not quite impressed about. And like I mentioned earlier, I didn't manage to get the foundation in my shade so it is a little fair for me but rest assured that this will not affect my opinion about the foundation itself. 


While I was trying to apply the foundation to the right side of my face, I noticed that this foundation dried up way too fast so you've got to be really quick if you want to blend the foundation out nice and even. It also applies better with a wet sponge in my opinion. Honestly at this point of time, just by comparing the first impressions of the foundations, I think I would prefer the All Matt Plus one. 


For coverage, I got to say the HD Liquid Coverage Foundation is so much better than the other one. As you can see from my photo above, just one layer of the HD foundation was suffice to cover my dark circles and I dare say the result was better than two layers of the All Matt Plus. So if you are looking for a high coverage foundation, I think I've gotten the perfect one for you. However do bear in mind that the HD one is really drying so if you have dry skin, definitely go for a very hydrating primer first. 


Alright full face makeup completed and I must say, the two foundations look exactly the same! They have the same matte finishing and I really like how both the foundations are able to make my skin look so poreless and flawless. I really like that these two foundations are so lightweight on the skin but yet reasonable coverage. They don't feel tacky at all too. Let's see how they look like after 8 hours! 


And there you have it! My makeup still looked pretty much the same after not 8 but 10 hours of wearing them. I did look slightly glowier than before but it's a really healthy looking glow that looks so good on me too. Apart from that, there was literally no changes to the makeup. 👍

Review

If I have to pick one between the two foundations, I think I will go for the All Matt Plus Foundation because I do prefer a creamy foundation to a watery foundation. Also, I like that the All Matt one is fragrance free whereas the HD Liquid one has got a strange scent to it. Most importantly, the All Matt one is not drying at all and it glides on my skin so smoothly but the HD Liquid one is really drying and it is very hard to apply with a dry sponge. Both have the same matte and air brushed finished and they literally last forever. If you are looking for a high coverage foundation, then I suggest you go for the HD Liquid Coverage Foundation but if you want a more natural, my skin but better foundation but still matte and lasting, then go for the All Matt Plus Foundation. 

And that's all I have for this post! It's so fun doing foundations comparison like this! Let me know if you find this post helpful and do comment down below if you have any foundations that you would like me to review too! See you in my next post, xoxo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment